• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobbystoney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    My wife was just telling me about this place opening up here in Lafayette. I guess they relocated from Delphi. She didn't know many details, said she heard an ad for it on the radio.

Does anybody know if they're open yet? Anybody been to the store when it was in Delphi? If so, any reviews?

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I did not know of this company, is it the folks in the log cabin building across from the DQ? If so they do have a nice collection of collectible rifles as well as some very knice knives.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I always look at their site when searching because it comes up as around Lafayette (Delphi), but I will have to check them out now that they are in (when they get to) Lafayette.

Thanks for the heads up.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Yeah, looks like that log cabin-type place that was in Delphi.

I've been in there a few times; but it's been a while. Used to have a job that took me to Monticello a few times a week; how could I not stop in?

IIRC, the guy's also an insurance agent. Half the bldg was his "office", the other half was his "toy store".

He does have a mighty nice collection of old Winchester 22 pump rifles doesn't he? Most of those are his personal "for display only" collection...or at least they used to be. He had some right reasonable prices when I used to be through there. Only ever bought some 9x18 off him, though.

-J-

techno.m3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    He has some pretty reasonable prices. I stopped by on my way back from Purdue and it looked like they were out of business. I'm excited that they will be even closer to Purdue now.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    He has some pretty reasonable prices. I stopped by on my way back from Purdue and it looked like they were out of business. I'm excited that they will be even closer to Purdue now.

AND they should be located VERY close to Little Mexico restaurant. MmmMMm.... Little Mexico... :rockwoot:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Yes, it's over on Earl near 26. He relocated a couple of weeks ago (I stopped in on his last day in Delphi as I go every time work takes me to 08D01 or 08C01).

Now we have two gun stores on one street in Lafayette.

Someone tell the Chamber of Commerce that Kirk has a new tourism campaign slogan: Come to Lafayette! Two gun stores on every street!

:D

WIZZO499

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    I was in his Delphi shop a couple weeks ago. Didn't have much newer stuff, but his prices weren't horrible.

r6vr6

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Granger
    I stopped in there once... not my bag. A bunch of bluing and wood. I'm more of a flat black guy. Perhaps their new store will allow them to carry a wider assortment of guns.

noname1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    I stopped in today. It is in the first strip mall in on the North East corner of SR26 and Earl. They had very few newer guns. I was interested in their Henry .22 lever action. The guy in there was knowlegeable and polite. He even gave me a Henry Catalog. I checked some prices and what they have for $329 is $279 at Gander Mountain. That's a big price difference, especially since Gander Mountain is rediculous too. They have an incredible collection of Winchester 1890 pump action .22s. I think I drooled a little on the counter looking at a few of them.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jaydond
    Top Bottom