• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Does it really costs that much? We the taxpayer already pay the salaries of the folks that are processing these arrests. We pay those salaries whether you make the PI arrest or not. The costs seem pretty static either way.
    Time=money. Manhours spent dealing with it=costs. I may not be right on but I can assure you that an arrest only makes money for a private attorney.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    is it realy a sad day for the department?? i doubt it. if they are sad its only because they are scared how much its gonna cost them. the detroit police department kills innocent people all the time. the only difference is thankfully this one was caught on tape by an outside group, who will sell the tape to make money, so therefore we will all get to see it and so will the world.

Police arent suposed to be soldiers, and SWAT teams in my opinion are skirting the constitution that keeps armed soldiers from operating in our streets. whats the diference besides their uniforms say "police"??? they even cover their faces. how about "SECRET POLICE" instead of SWAT????

also, how in the heck are they supposed to hear the words "police search warrant" when they are asleep and then a flash bang gets thrown in their home that makes them deaf???? i dont care if they are looking for SATAN, surround the house and bingo the guy aint going anywhere.

the guy who posted above me: i agree with you that if you asociate with criminals then you better be prepared to reap some responsibility, but not dead kids from the police MURDERING them.

if i was that father, my sole purpose in life from today on would be revenge 1,000 fold greater, PERIOD!!!

I agree with your analysis. Time to end the SWAT raids. However, must put aside the desire for revenge. No one wins if one takes that course.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Time to end SWAT altogether. If regular patrol officers get into to something they cannot deal with they should just nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure. Taking down a criminal in a way that guarantees that no officers are injured trumps any citizens rights. If the "suspect" has killed a cop then they should nuke the entire State. At least that seems to be the way we are going from what I am seeing. I am really sick of seeing cops that seem to think they are United States Marine Force Recon troops riding around in MRAPS.

Last edited:

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    Looks like the rules for dynamic/storm trooper/tatcticool entry need to be modified

I think you are right. Every entry need not be a "dynamic" one. IF a breach is called for, surely there must be certain situations where a soft breach would be more prudent. Sneek in the back door, and anounce yourselves once you are in - No flashbang, no battering ram.

Better yet, WHY BREACH AT ALL? Set up two teams - Alpha team establishes a perimiter to prevent escape, Bravo team knocks on the door, serves a warrant, and clears the house. So what if they refuse initially? They aren't going anywhere. I guess I just dont understand why everyone is in a hurry with these situations...

If I were the officer on the ground responcible for making the raid happen, my method would be slow and methodical unless there is legit reason to believe time is of essence - The people in the house are on MY time, I am not on theirs. Why rush it?

Only thing I can think of is that stand-offs look bad politically. With dynamic actions they have something "cool" to point at when people question why they need more funds or equipment.

Last edited:

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Which police officers do you not have a problem killing?
    IC 35-41-3-2(k) A person is not justified in using deadly force against a public servant whom the person knows or reasonably should know is a public servant unless:
    (1) the person reasonably believes that the public servant is:
    (A) acting unlawfully; or
    (B) not engaged in the execution of the public servant's official duties; and
    (2) the force is reasonably necessary to prevent serious bodily injury to the person or a third person.
    One of those. So sayeth the General Assembly.

Last edited:

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Hm...guess the Democratic Underground Protest Team hadn't been assembled yet, back in the pre-Trayvon days of 2010.

Here's a place where they actually could have done some good.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    This is exactly why my new house will have motion sensors around the house perimeter, yard, driveway entrance and cameras everywhere with nightvision...Just in case any bad guys or lost police show up. House number will be in flourorescent paint so there will be NO excuse of "we got the wrong house". I also would like to opt out of ALL police services within/on MY property.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    That is umpossible!!!! Anyway, he'd take his own report, enter the guns into NCIC, and do his own investigation. He won't need us.

I wouldnt need any of the above....All i would need is my shovel.....to bury the very dogs that are tasked with preventing my guns from going missing while I am not at home. ;)

Top Bottom