• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND
    Generally speaking Democrats spend money and expand government at a much faster rate.

That simply isn't true. Both Ds and Rs have happily expanded government and deficit spent at roughly the same rate. This is true at the local level, the state level, and the national level. There are differences in where they spend and how they expand, but not in the amounts.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I think I should have clarified my position. It is my personal belief that the only people who want to change their lifestyles actually will. However, I feel that the government's job to curb it is through education.

Government being involved with education is one of the primary reasons this country is where it is now.

The governments only job should be to protect our country and to keep a level playing field nothing more.

Last edited:

deal me in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2012
    Avon
    I think I should have clarified my position. It is my personal belief that the only people who want to change their lifestyles actually will. However, I feel that the government's job to curb it is through education.

If only people who want to change will, then how does gov't education help? Tell the truth, you're a Bloomberg fan. You want the government to tell people what to eat, drink, and smoke. You want gov't to take money from people because they aren't responsible enough to save for their own retirement. You think gov't is here to help us. History tells us all that you couldn't be more wrong.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    If only people who want to change will, then how does gov't education help? Tell the truth, you're a Bloomberg fan. You want the government to tell people what to eat, drink, and smoke. You want gov't to take money from people because they aren't responsible enough to save for their own retirement. You think gov't is here to help us. History tells us all that you couldn't be more wrong.

You couldn't be more wrong. I think Bloomberg is a liberal tool. And no, no, no, no, NO!! Where did all that assuming come from anyway?

deal me in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2012
    Avon
    You couldn't be more wrong. I think Bloomberg is a liberal tool. And no, no, no, no, NO!! Where did all that assuming come from anyway?

From your posts in this thread. Do you or do you not think the Federal government has a role to play in our personal lives by encouraging or helping us to make better decisions?

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    From your posts in this thread. Do you or do you not think the Federal government has a role to play in our personal lives by encouraging or helping us to make better decisions?

Yes and no. No to things like what Bloomberg wants to do. It is not the government's job to regulate what size soda you can buy, what kind of gun magazines you can buy, etc. However, I feel the federal government has a duty to make sure that the states have an adequate education system. Through education, people can learn other choices and alternatives to lifestyles. It is better to know you have a choice of what you want to do with yourself rather than be predisposed to a bad lifestyle because that's the only one you ever knew. That's why things like DARE are so important. Does everyone listen and follow what they are taught in school? Not at all, and that's fine. They at least know they have a choice.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Yes and no. No to things like what Bloomberg wants to do. It is not the government's job to regulate what size soda you can buy, what kind of gun magazines you can buy, etc. However, I feel the federal government has a duty to make sure that the states have an adequate education system. Through education, people can learn other choices and alternatives to lifestyles. It is better to know you have a choice of what you want to do with yourself rather than be predisposed to a bad lifestyle because that's the only one you ever knew. That's why things like DARE are so important. Does everyone listen and follow what they are taught in school? Not at all, and that's fine. They at least know they have a choice.

Government education is more than half of our problem now. They get people to strive to be less by making those that can do something well come down to the level of those that cannot do something. Anything that government touches cost more and is less valuable.

deal me in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2012
    Avon

Ok, we'll just have to agree to disagree. I think it's the parents job to make sure their kids are educated and informed. Parents should be teaching right and wrong not the Federal government. I don't trust the feds to make good decisions and I don't trust them to do what is right. I certainly don't want them anywhere near Children.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Ok, we'll just have to agree to disagree. I think it's the parents job to make sure their kids are educated and informed. Parents should be teaching right and wrong not the Federal government. I don't trust the feds to make good decisions and I don't trust them to do what is right. I certainly don't want them anywhere near Children.

I can understand where you are coming from. Kids with good parents wouldn't need it anyway. The kids who have no good parental figures are the ones who would benefit the most from it. We wouldn't need half the things the education system does already if bad parents didn't exist.

nickman54

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012

The DARE program was a failure. Do a little research on it. The .gov bats about .100 on its program and fails at most of what it does. There is NO reason that 3/4 of the agencies and programs that it forces on the public even need to exist, they create more BS agencies in order to gain more power of your life PERIOD.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The DARE program was a failure. Do a little research on it. The .gov bats about .100 on its program and fails at most of what it does. There is NO reason that 3/4 of the agencies and programs that it forces on the public even need to exist, they create more BS agencies in order to gain more power of your life PERIOD.

DARE? Detroit Against Responsible Economics?

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    601725_10151731382164474_1520739873_n_zps0a3d8c9e.jpg

Top Bottom