• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    So this may be old news .. I have not read anything mentioning it in the past couple years. When I enter stores sometimes I set off alarms. Target is one and lids was another I can remember.

Anyone notice this, its kind of embarrassing. People think you stole something entering the store! Maybe I still have a security sensor hiding in a jacket or something. No idea.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Check your wallet or your clothes for a hidden tag that is setting off the detector. Guns don't set them off. Wallets are notorious for having a tag hidden under a flap.

Like one of these:
    RFID+Tag+HF.jpg

slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Thanks lol ill report back. Dumbest I have felt in a while. Not afraid to admit it:D

Checked my wallet.. Nothin hmm.

Light

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Near Fort Wayne
    Check your wallet or your clothes for a hidden tag that is setting off the detector. Guns don't set them off. Wallets are notorious for having a tag hidden under a flap.

Like one of these:

What he said. Check everything that you wear when you set them off. Another common one is these:
    7f06a2b77d2a94c6ca5e2197fd19203a.png

Some companies sew them into clothing, and the store where you purchased them didn't get it deactivated. If you find one sewn in you could ask the cashier to try to deactivate it by scanning it.

Magnum

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    North Indy
    Take note of what you're wearing the next time it happens and turn everything inside out like you're the FBI analyzing a crime scene. Your wallet, belt, clothes, hat, etc. They are getting trickier about concealing those tags in clothing, they are sometimes sewn into the garment.

gotojuston

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    Downstairs, behind the axe
    My roommate in college did this to me, as a prank. He worked retail and got a tag, put it in side the sole of my shoe and proceeded to offer rides to the store whenever he could. I finally caught on when I realized he held back and laughed is rear end off each time. It still took me a couple hours to find it. Still love that guy... but biding my time as to when I get him back. I figure another five years should do it.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    So this may be old news .. I have not read anything mentioning it in the past couple years. When I enter stores sometimes I set off alarms. Target is one and lids was another I can remember.

Anyone notice this, its kind of embarrassing. People think you stole something entering the store! Maybe I still have a security sensor hiding in a jacket or something. No idea.

Did you get a flu shot? I heard they are starting to micro chip people through the vaccine. Whenever you set off an alarm it sends a signal so the invisible men know where you are at.

Top Bottom