• ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    BK, do you ever sleep?

OP, do you know for a fact that the denial is because of that incident? I'm asking because I don't know how denials are handled? Do they tell you why you were denied?

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    BK, do you ever sleep?

OP, do you know for a fact that the denial is because of that incident? I'm asking because I don't know how denials are handled? Do they tell you why you were denied?

The past couple weeks it sure doesnt seem like it. :laugh:
    I havent recovered my sleep pattern since I got sick. Started a movie late tonight instead of going to bed.

Edit to add: Sleep is for the weak

Last edited:

ShootnCut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2013
    Indiana
    Don't give up. A friend of mine had to go to Indy and meet with a higher up in the state police back 20+ years ago. And after the meeting he got his license. I worked with a guy who had been arrested for selling smoke and several years later he got an FFL. Of course that was then and this is now but the point is keep trying. Someone close to me had trouble because of some juvenile crap. And this was after he served in Iraq in 03. But he also went to Indy and got everything taken care of. Sometimes they seem to say no with the assumption you'll "go away". But if you don't, and if you have nothing more serious than some juvenile crap, I'd say persistence will pay off.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    All depends on what it was. Did they deny you for something you did at 15 or did they deny you for not putting it on your application. I am unaware that they could go back to juvenile records. If you get a denial it tells you the process to appeal. You will have to attend a hearing in front of a state police board and depending on your reason for denial explain to their satisfaction you are a proper person.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Unless he's only 18 now and whatever happened was only 3 years ago, it could be the sheriff or CoP said he wasn't a proper person--refused to sign off.

TheEngineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Down South
    dunno 'bout records if 'Charged as an Adult' , tho......:dunno:

Thats what i was thinking HR_50...Sure, he was 15 when said incident occurred, but we don't know what the charge was.

I would think ISP would have an easier time approving a person who at 15 was caught with dad's beer at a party and got a slap on the wrist vs. a person who at 15 was caught with dad's .45 to the back of someone's head taking their wallet...not saying this is the OP's situation, just an example.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    OP how old are you? I would have to look up the IC but if you are 18 - 21 then it might be possible your recent behavior is being evaluated. I will share with this group that both the Seymour PD and Jackson County Sheriff are pro-gun and supportive of responsible gun ownership.

Dudley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2014
    Lafayette
    I was denied at first, called the ISP, went to my appeal hearing (one lady in a room with a stack of denial folders about 4ft tall) she asked me a few questions I answered them honestly. She then said "well ok then I approve your LTCH and will have it sent out in the morning". Three days later it was in my mailbox. The "hearing" took about 5 minutes. I had 2 hours of travel time round trip, $3.50 in parking and 5 minutes in her office, all in all well worth the drive.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    There is something in the code about "any offenses for which you could have been tried as an adult" but I don't have time to look it up right now. Could possibly apply? :dunno:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Maybe it wasn't an offense he was denied for...there are other reasons.

Very possible.

Do you guys think the world starts over when you turn 18? Too much "Law and Order".

(g) A license to carry a handgun shall not be issued to any person who:...

...(4) is under twenty-three (23) years of age if the person has been adjudicated a delinquent child for an act that would be a felony if committed by an adult;...

Ind. Code § 35-47-2-3

Top Bottom