• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I am sure this question has bee asked before at some point, so bear with me. My dad went into a gun shop Friday to buy a .22lr. When they called in the info, he was denied the sale untill further notification. What exactly does this mean? He's as clean as it gets, has never been arrested, does have a LTCH & hasn't made a gun purchase since the mid 90's. How long does it take to get an approvedto complete the sale? What criteria constitutes a no sale response? Is there some agency he can contact to clear up any questions?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I am sure this question has bee asked before at some point, so bear with me. My dad went into a gun shop Friday to buy a .22lr. When they called in the info, he was denied the sale untill further notification. What exactly does this mean? He's as clean as it gets, has never been arrested, does have a LTCH & hasn't made a gun purchase since the mid 90's. How long does it take to get an approvedto complete the sale? What criteria constitutes a no sale response? Is there some agency he can contact to clear up any questions?

You should read the INGO FAQ! :ingo:

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    I have filled out more 4473s in the past year than I care to count and have never had an issue but i always put my soc in because its practically common knowledge.

gunwh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    ncic is ran on basic description. if he hasent done any transactions since 1990 then there is no concern for the delay. they have to get a base lineon his info and sooner or later it will start to go strait threw.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    From what I have been told at the local shops. They have been having a lot of holds lately.

I haven't had any lately. There is no rhyme nor reason. They don't just "hold" because they feel like doing it. There is a delay because there is a red flag that needs looked at.

Top Bottom