4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    The Support Assault Firearm Elimination and Education of our (SAFER) Streets Act

Seems to me the acronym works out better (and more ominously) as Support Assault Firearm Elimination and Reeducation Act.

I'm not thrilled with the tax credit thing, but if there's a way to game the system, I might be able to support it.

foxxie02

Marksman
    Rating - 97.2%
    35   1   0
    May 23, 2008
    no assault weapons for sale. (as an assault weapon is select or auto fire etc) but might be able to find lots of jennings and other junk to sell if the lean that way...:)

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    If my guns ever assault someone, I won't be selling it. But I will perform an exorcism and put it down gently.

All of my weapons are defensive in nature.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    So how much are they paying? It says "up to $2000." If I can give them a $500 beat up old AR and pocket $1500, I'm all for this.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Topic is a dupe to this thread in the "Legislation of the 2A" forum.

So how much are they paying? It says "up to $2000." If I can give them a $500 beat up old AR and pocket $1500, I'm all for this.

Follow the link and check the actual proposed legislation. It is $2000 for any weapon that meets their parameters. "Up to $2000" is not in the proposal.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    The Support Assault Firearm Elimination and Education of our (SAFER) Streets Act expected to be reintroduced next week by Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-Conn.) would provide gun owners with an incentive to turn in their firearms to local police departments.

Democrats Want to Relive You of your Rifles ... but pay you cash

Contact Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-Conn) here: Congresswoman Rosa L. DeLauro | Representing The Third District of Connecticut

Wouldn't it be more productive to have an incentive program for criminals to turn in hammers and baseball bats?

Top Bottom