Democrats are sending in ACORN volunteers to rural Pennsylvania Town Hall meetings

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I've got a friend in line for the Arlen Spector (D-Pennsylvania) Town Hall meeting in Armstrong County, Pennsylvania. He just told me that BUS LOADS of Acorn "volunteers" just showed up for the Town Hall meeting to support socialized medicine.

According to the US Census (2000) the population of the county is 97.31% white, 1.57% african American, .23% native American.

According to my friend, the make up of the people getting off the bus clearly indicates they do not live in the county as there are more african Americans getting off the buses than live in the entire county. :dunno:

Now what was that that Nancy Pelosi was saying about ASTROTURFING?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Just got an email from him:
    I didn't get in after waiting 2 hours in line, they only took 200 into the meeting, I was probably 240. There was well over another 1000 outside in attendance. Armstrong County is a huge republican base but we were infiltrated by the outside. ACORN came from Pittsburgh dropping off 2 bus loads and tried to work the crowds. There is no ACORN branch in Armstrong County. It was still majority against HC reform.

During discussions in line, I've came to the conclusion that those that favor HC reform are the one that don't have it OR want better HC without having to subsidize it. It's really not about the well being of all Americans, it's about what I can get without having to pay for it. Griff Jenkins was there and I got a picture with him, seems to be a nice guy. I'll save you the ugly ....

I drove straight to the townhall from Port Perry, ONT where I was visiting Rich (buddy with brain cancer). Bluntly, he would be dead if he was in the Canadian system. American HC has kept him alive, all of his treatment has been at John Hopkins or Roswell Park in Buffalo, NY. He finally got an appointment just today with a oncologist in Toronto that would honor his American health insurance. We're hoping he can get treatment in Toronto because the trip to NY is just too much for him to handle. Took him 19 months to get in.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Pictures!!!

06749b52.jpg

b4b3bed7.jpg

73b69c10.jpg

d9e1d1d4.jpg

c31262f8.jpg

a9d29b4c.jpg

So how is it that there is no ACORN chapter in the county and they had a couple busloads of ACORN activists at this meeting . . . yet the GOP is blamed for busing in activists???

By the way, if you don't know who Griff Jenkins is, he is the reporter from FOX NEWS who was attacked at the DNC convention.

YOUTUBE here >>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D74Xs1VuYAE

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Hoping to see the Acornies, but that is a large crowd.

Can Indiana rally such a crowd?

What have the turnouts been like at Bayh's office? How about one for Dem clown from Seymour?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Now do you begin to understand how the Chicago Machine works and why we are losing the war since THE RIGHT continues to take the high ground. I6BO has taken the Chicago Way of Politics to a whole new level (read nationally) and it's going to take a lot more tan just protesting to stop it. The Chicago political machine lies, cheats and pays for votes. I only hope that 2010 will see a change otherwise we are doomed. The machine will be too imbeeded to remove.

And no I'm not hoping that 2010 sees a sea of RED (Rs) in Congress. What I want are representative that will STOP spending money, make the fed smaller, and follow the constitution. D, R, Green, Libertaian, AI6BO'sP, whatever just govern with some basic understanding of what our founding fathers fought so hard for us!

:faint:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Don't take this the wrong way, Melensdad, but I don't see any evidence in those pictures of people being bussed in, just a bunch of people with signs. I don't doubt that your friend is being truthful, but I'm not seeing pictures that back his story. :twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Don't take this the wrong way, Melensdad, but I don't see any evidence in those pictures of people being bussed in, just a bunch of people with signs. I don't doubt that your friend is being truthful, but I'm not seeing pictures that back his story. :twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill, I know him personally. He told me he was parking his car as they were unloading the buses. He gave me many more details that I posted but the fact that he did not get pictures of them unloading the bus does not negate any trust I have in his word.

If he was not a personal friend then I would say that it would be reasonable to question his word. You have done that and I take no offense to that questioning. But for me, I know it to be true because I know this man as a personal friend and I trust his word.

Big Dawg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    W PA
    Here you go, doesn't appear I need pictures for the truth.

Health Care for America NOW! | Event | Bus #3 to Senator Specter Town Hall in Kittanning

Bus #3 to Senator Specter Town Hall in Kittanning (Take Action August)

The battle for health care reform is heating up. Right wing opponents of the bill, backed by millions of dollars from insurance companies, are packing Congressional Town Hall meetings around the country to disrupt them and tell atrocious lies about the legislation
    We have to fight back! We need you to come out to Senator Arlen Specter’s Town Hall in Kittanning on Thursday Aug 13th in Kittanning.

This is one of three buses running from the Pittsburgh area to the event. You must be at the bus by 10:30 am to hold your spot.

Or join us at the event at 12:30pm.
    Belmont Complex, 415 Butler Rd
    Kittanning, PA 16201

Seems I missed it by one bus, must have been one I didn't see unload. I hope my integrity is restored!

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Bill, I know him personally. He told me he was parking his car as they were unloading the buses. He gave me many more details that I posted but the fact that he did not get pictures of them unloading the bus does not negate any trust I have in his word.

If he was not a personal friend then I would say that it would be reasonable to question his word. You have done that and I take no offense to that questioning. But for me, I know it to be true because I know this man as a personal friend and I trust his word.

You have mistaken my comments, melensdad. You vouched for your friend's honesty and that is good enough. He has no reason to lie to you, nor you to us. I do not and did not doubt his word at all.

It would be the same as taking still photos of the sky at 10 AM and saying the sun rose in the East that morning. The light of the sun is there, but from which direction it rose is not in evidence in the photos presented.

Blessings,
    Bill

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Here you go, doesn't appear I need pictures for the truth.

Health Care for America NOW! | Event | Bus #3 to Senator Specter Town Hall in Kittanning

Bus #3 to Senator Specter Town Hall in Kittanning (Take Action August)

The battle for health care reform is heating up. Right wing opponents of the bill, backed by millions of dollars from insurance companies, are packing Congressional Town Hall meetings around the country to disrupt them and tell atrocious lies about the legislation
    We have to fight back! We need you to come out to Senator Arlen Specter’s Town Hall in Kittanning on Thursday Aug 13th in Kittanning.

This is one of three buses running from the Pittsburgh area to the event. You must be at the bus by 10:30 am to hold your spot.

Or join us at the event at 12:30pm.
    Belmont Complex, 415 Butler Rd
    Kittanning, PA 16201

Seems I missed it by one bus, must have been one I didn't see unload. I hope my integrity is restored!

Well this sure looks like proof to back up your photos!!!

Thanks Greg, I appreciate the back up, even if there was no need to do so because you and I both knew everything posted was factual. Still, having the link to the ASTROTURFING proof is like a cherry on top of the chocolate sundae :D

AND THEN THERE IS THIS, I saved the screen shot for posterity!!!
    8de9b749.png

Big Dawg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    W PA
    Well this sure looks like proof to back up your photos!!!

Thanks Greg, I appreciate the back up, even if there was no need to do so because you and I both knew everything posted was factual. Still, having the link to the ASTROTURFING proof is like a cherry on top of the chocolate sundae :D

Thanks a lot for your confidence, this has become as important to me as my 2A activism!

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Thanks a lot for your confidence, this has become as important to me as my 2A activism!

I just love how the liberals have to bus in the disruptive activists from Pittsburgh and the fact that it is now documented and saved as proof for all to see with the screen shot.

As for your 2A activism, you and the folks in PA are doing a great job of keeping gun rights in the forefront of your state's politics :yesway:

Top Bottom