Delivering Papers. Not so much fun in the rain.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Times are tough and moolah is tight sometimes. Picking up some extra cash never hurts.
    I decided to take a temp job with a newspaper company for some spare cash. My first assignment was to drum up some new subscriptions and accounts by handing out some freebies. My new boss sent me to a neighborhood at O’dark thirty with some snotty nosed teenager “supervisor” nephew of his. Greaaaat.

We get the company’s truck (broken down creepy lookin’ beater) and go out delivering papers. I wanted to drive, but Mr.IjustGotMyLicense pulled the seniority rules card and drove.
    That meant *I* had to get out and take papers to homeowners’ front doors to make sure they didn’t get overlooked if they landed somewhere unseen.
    It started to rain. AWESOME. Not.

PimpleKid pulls up in front of a house and totally ON PURPOSE stays as far away from the entrance as possible so I have to run in the friggen rain. WONDERFUL. Totally ruined my hair. Had to pull it up and pin it under the soaking wet hoodie. Makeup ran all off my face. Rain dripping off my nose. …totally looked like a dude!…Great.

I must have really been a sight to see…because some guy backed out of his driveway and stopped just to look. He mocked me by sitting there in his warm dry car. Probably laughing.
    I ran up to the next house and deposited a paper and ran back to the truck…looking worse than ever (and I think I’m fevery now, too… achoo!!).

Mr.LookyLoo pulls his car BACK into his driveway just to get a better look. I wanted to yell “TAKE A PICTURE BUDDY, IT LASTS LONGER!!”…I’m sure he ran back inside to tell whoever else was in the house to come to the window and get a load of the wet-rat-headed dude in the cold rain. But I didn’t yell anything. I just went to the truck and got another paper for the next house.
    I’m too much of a lady to really yell like that, so when LookyLoo drove past, I just smiled and waved.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    LOL

I think you could make a lot more than pocket change by compiling some of this stuff into a book! Look out Bombeck! :rofl: :rofl::rofl:

BTW: Rep fairy still thinks I love you too much even though it's been six months or so. :dunno:

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    I hate it when a pouring rain smears my make-up.....

1JetGirl.jpg

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    Times are tough and moolah is tight sometimes. Picking up some extra cash never hurts.
    I decided to take a temp job with a newspaper company for some spare cash. My first assignment was to drum up some new subscriptions and accounts by handing out some freebies. My new boss sent me to a neighborhood at O’dark thirty with some snotty nosed teenager “supervisor” nephew of his. Greaaaat.

We get the company’s truck (broken down creepy lookin’ beater) and go out delivering papers. I wanted to drive, but Mr.IjustGotMyLicense pulled the seniority rules card and drove.
    That meant *I* had to get out and take papers to homeowners’ front doors to make sure they didn’t get overlooked if they landed somewhere unseen.
    It started to rain. AWESOME. Not.

PimpleKid pulls up in front of a house and totally ON PURPOSE stays as far away from the entrance as possible so I have to run in the friggen rain. WONDERFUL. Totally ruined my hair. Had to pull it up and pin it under the soaking wet hoodie. Makeup ran all off my face. Rain dripping off my nose. …totally looked like a dude!…Great.

I must have really been a sight to see…because some guy backed out of his driveway and stopped just to look. He mocked me by sitting there in his warm dry car. Probably laughing.
    I ran up to the next house and deposited a paper and ran back to the truck…looking worse than ever (and I think I’m fevery now, too… achoo!!).

Mr.LookyLoo pulls his car BACK into his driveway just to get a better look. I wanted to yell “TAKE A PICTURE BUDDY, IT LASTS LONGER!!”…I’m sure he ran back inside to tell whoever else was in the house to come to the window and get a load of the wet-rat-headed dude in the cold rain. But I didn’t yell anything. I just went to the truck and got another paper for the next house.
    I’m too much of a lady to really yell like that, so when LookyLoo drove past, I just smiled and waved.

Hahahahahaha........LMAO !...:):

Shoooooot......yer LUCKY,with'a truck an' driver an' all,LOL!......use ta 'carry' a Courier Journal/Louisville Times route back in'a early teen yrs....:rolleyes:

Them BIGa**ed Sunday papers?.......heavier'n hell,LOL!.....an' all them ads DON't come (or did'nt......) already in them things,neither......you'd have ta start 'stuff'n' 'em about .....? ......I start'd 'bout 3:00 AM.....:cool:

steve666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Indianapolis Eastside
    Certainly better than the lazy a$$hats who deliver my morning paper. Since I moved (begining of Jan) I have had to call the paper 3 times, finally threatening to cancel the subscription I've had for over 20 years, in order to get my paper delivered anywhere close to my front door. If left to their own devices it would be dropped at the street end of the driveway. I certainly don't want to have to get dressed, put on my shoes, and put on my winter coat just so I can read the paper with my morning coffee... If I can't get it in my robe and slippers without danger of getting arrested I don't want it!

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Booo.... Trying to lower expectations for posts like this? There wasn't even 1 running gun battle in your story....

4 out of 10

Top Bottom