Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I have all forms sent out that have been requested. For those on the fence there is room at this time. Spots are not held until payment and the signed form is returned.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I just now emailed confirmations to all that I have received so far. We have more room. So let me know if you need forms.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Wish I was going to be in the area. This was a great class. The combination of BBI's scenarios and information and Coach's coaching is a seriously worthwhile day.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    If BBE and Coach have room, I highly recommend taking this class. I have and just the fact that real world, studied scenarios are utilized make the class worth while.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    We have a solid client list right now. We have more room. Let me know if your need forms.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    If anyone has any questions about the class, feel free to ask either here or via PM. I have had a question on equipment, and I encourage you to use your EDC. If that's a .22 revolver, use that. If that's a Glock 17 with a red dot, use that. The only firm requirement is you can be safe with whatever you choose to use.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Will we need to take notes or will there be pre-printed notes supplied by the instructor?

I encourage note taking.

Adult learning studies have generally shown we retain quite a bit more of what we write down, and understand it better upon review. As an example:

Note-taking allows people to outsource their memories to an external source (paper), as well as make content explicit for future
    reference. Critically, learning can occur during both the production and review of notes
    by allowing the learner to make connections between idea units and engage in deep
    processing of course content (Bohay, Blakely, Tamplin, & Radvansky, 2011; Piolat,
    Olive, & Kellogg, 2005). The act of note-taking also assists the learner in generating and
    semantically processing information (essentially, helps the learner think about course
    content in such a way to better understand it upon later review), in addition to facilitating
    and strengthening the internal connections between ideas (Kiewra et al., 1991). Lastly –
    and of particular importance to instructors – note-taking can result in broader learning

I can also speak from personal experience in that I've reviewed hand written notes from courses I've attended and had things written I forgot were covered...until I saw the notes. Then the lecture portion returned to my memory.

So, likely a longer answer that what you necessarily wanted, but I like to let people know the reason behind the "why" if I can.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    I encourage note taking.

Adult learning studies have generally shown we retain quite a bit more of what we write down, and understand it better upon review. As an example:

I can also speak from personal experience in that I've reviewed hand written notes from courses I've attended and had things written I forgot were covered...until I saw the notes. Then the lecture portion returned to my memory.

So, likely a longer answer that what you necessarily wanted, but I like to let people know the reason behind the "why" if I can.

I agree with this 100%. You get at least twice as much out of a class if you take good notes. You remember it better and can review it years down the road to refresh.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I agree with this 100%. You get at least twice as much out of a class if you take good notes. You remember it better and can review it years down the road to refresh.

OMG... The irony that I feel.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I used to take notes, but I tend to get so involved in detailed, organized note taking that I miss the big picture. I prefer to listen, then swipe Jackson's notes afterward.

Top Bottom