• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    Don't know if this has been posted but thought I would share...........
    New for 2012, from the IDNR....

The deer license bundle is defined in 312 IAC 9-3-2 as follows:
    (bb) “Deer license bundle" means a multiple privilege deer license that allows an individual to take
    one (1) antlered deer and two (2) antlerless deer in the:

(1) special youth;
    (2) archery;
    (3) firearms;
    (4) muzzleloader; and
    (5) special antlerless only
    seasons combined in one year in accordance with the provisions in 312 IAC 9-3-2, 312 IAC 9-3-3,
    and 312 IAC 9-3-4.

This deer license bundle provides a deer hunter with the ability to hunt in four (4) deer seasons (5
    for non-resident youth) and take three (3) deer with one license purchase. Based on 2010 deer
    hunting license purchases, there were 24,432 resident license holders that purchased 3 or more
    deer hunting licenses, resulting in revenue in the amount of $242,661, at a cost of $72 for each
    hunter. If 3% of additional deer hunters that currently purchase only 1 or 2 deer licenses
    purchased the bundle, it would offset the anticipated loss of revenue for the license bundle to be
    sold at the reduced rate of $65.00.

The DNR would like to offer the same bundle to non-residents that would allow them to take one
    antlered deer and 2 antlerless deer at a reduced rate. At current prices, the cost of these three
    licenses would be $324. The DNR proposes that the non-resident bundle price be $295. By
    offering the deer license bundle at a reduced rate of $295 to non-residents, it would likely
    increase the number of non-residents who purchase multiple licenses and take additional
    antlerless deer in Indiana. The average license cost of surrounding states for a non-resident to
    take 3 deer (1 being antlered) is $292.

billcollector

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    NW Indiana
    the problem i see is that I hunt urban zone, archery, firearms, muzzleloader season and late archery. It doesn't say that i am good in ALL of these seasons. It seems like it is still a little unclear as to what is covered and what isn't covered.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    urban zone I do not think is included as that is the only ave. to mutli bucks in a year.

Copied from some fac sheet on the DNR site.

What kind of license do I need to buy for the Urban Deer Zone?
    An Urban Deer Zone, Resident Youth Hunt/Trap, Lifetime Comprehensive Hunting or Lifetime Comprehensive Hunting and Fishing license is required to hunt in the Urban Deer Zones unless you meet a license exemption

I see no deer bundle here.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I'm digging the bundle, the new anterless season and most of all ELECTRONIC CHECK IN:rockwoot:Probably not a big deal for most folks, but where I live it's going to be great.

billcollector

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    NW Indiana
    Just an FYI...i called district 10 headquarters to ask about the bundle. They told me that if you buy the bundle you also get the crossbow privelge and do NOT have to buy the crossbow lisence for the archery season.

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    Just an FYI...i called district 10 headquarters to ask about the bundle. They told me that if you buy the bundle you also get the crossbow privelge and do NOT have to buy the crossbow lisence for the archery season.

True .. You don't have to buy any other deer license EXCEPT the urban deer license if you are hunting the UDZ under the UDZ rules..

jett86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    I was pretty excited about the bundle since i hunt all season. I have never been on an urban zone hunt. Not really sure on how to even get into that.

Top Bottom