• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HOLY LAND

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Greenwood
    I am wanting to know before gun season starts what meat processors do you like for Whitetail and why? I have read a few negative comments about Archer's Meat Packing in Greenwood, IN. I have not used them in over 14 years so I am wanting to make sure I go to the best and cleanest place.

Could you tell me who you have process your meat and any positive or negative feed back as to why go to them or avoid them? Also their prices and location would be a great help thank you.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Jack's Fine Foods Brazil, IN. They make deer sausage and will cut your deer into burger, steaks and roast. Fast turnaround and very reasonable. The sausage is a little pricey but worth it. Its a small place right on US40 in Brazil.

Cattman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2013
    Franklin
    Kenny's Fine meats in Mooresville. Great breakfast sausage and he has Klaus do the summer sausage. Knightstown locker if you do your own and want some of the best summer sausage I've ever had.

peberly400

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2012
    Warsaw
    My best advice is try and learn how to do it on your own. unless you are physically incapable or time is that much of a restriction. The extra steps in making sure you get your own meat, and you know who has handled it and what has gone into it is well worth the extra time you will spend.

Indy_Hunter68

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Greenfield
    I have been pleased with Archers. I recommend you speak to one of the butchers face to face, when you drop your deer for processing. They usually bring in extra help during deer season, and I find it helpful to talk to the guy who will be doing your work. Let him know what it is you want, if you have any special requests, or questions. That is the time to get it out, not after it's all packaged.
    If I'm blessed to harvest a deer again in southern Indiana, Archers will get my business again.

Top Bottom