• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Anybody ever fish here? Can you drive back to the pond or the creek? I've been meaning to go for a couple years and I always seem to get busy and forget.

Crappiepro

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    North East Vigo County
    I work at the prison, we used to be able to hunt and fish there before the state took it form the prison. They have a pond( 1 to 2 acres) north of the north check station. It's been decent in years past, but now it's pretty swallow now.
    Go to the south check in station south of Putnamville, follow the road around and go north to the damn area on the creek. You can use Goggle Earth to see it. Thats the better fishing, deep hole's and eddy's at the bottom of the damn. Several guys have caught some really nice catfish, Largemouth, crappie and walleye there.
    Both areas I've mentioned are along walk to get to but the creek is by far the better of the 2.
    Good Luck!

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I work at the prison, we used to be able to hunt and fish there before the state took it form the prison. They have a pond( 1 to 2 acres) north of the north check station. It's been decent in years past, but now it's pretty swallow now.
    Go to the south check in station south of Putnamville, follow the road around and go north to the damn area on the creek. You can use Goggle Earth to see it. Thats the better fishing, deep hole's and eddy's at the bottom of the damn. Several guys have caught some really nice catfish, Largemouth, crappie and walleye there.
    Both areas I've mentioned are along walk to get to but the creek is by far the better of the 2.
    Good Luck!
    Ok, I know there is a check in up north of the state police post, is that the south check in? I've only driven past the place, I haven't actually got to go in and explore yet.

Crappiepro

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    North East Vigo County
    Yes, thats the south area. The old paved road goes west from the checkstation/parking lot and then turns and goes due north. Follow that road til ya come to the wood line and you can see the lower falls or dam. I lost something pretty big there. My buddies have caught Flatheads there in the 30# range. It's a fairly long walk but nobody fishes there so it's worth the walk. Take a cart and put your fishing gear on it. This will really help out.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Yes, thats the south area. The old paved road goes west from the checkstation/parking lot and then turns and goes due north. Follow that road til ya come to the wood line and you can see the lower falls or dam. I lost something pretty big there. My buddies have caught Flatheads there in the 30# range. It's a fairly long walk but nobody fishes there so it's worth the walk. Take a cart and put your fishing gear on it. This will really help out.
    I can deal with a long walk for big fish, hell, a nice walk in the woods is better than sitting on an overfished, crowded bank!

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Yeah, I think you'll enjoy fishing out there then. Its a creek so you'll never know what your gonna catch but the fishing is worth the walk in.
    Looks like I found the pond on my iphone maps, I haven't seen the dam/creek yet. Is there a place to park off the road by the dam or do you park at the check in and hike from there?

Top Bottom