• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Well, I just did my taxes today (Turbo Tax). I will be getting back $827.15. Now the dilema is, figuring out what to spend it on.

Guns on my short list:

1. .38 snub, I do not own a revolver as of yet.
    2. Custom 10/22
    3. M&P 15-22
    4. Weatherby .223 bolt action, plus optic.
    5. Another custom AK
    6. M4

Or, build a custom plate carrier.

Decesions sometimes just suck.

Cain71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Columbus
    I am putting mine in my pocket, as this economy has yet to impress me. Just a thought,and maybe a deal you cannot pass will come your way.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I feel your pain. I have a list a mile long, unfortunately it won't be purchased by getting any of my own money back from Uncle sugar, I fear they will be keeping it all.

Nothing on your list is the same as mine, (except for the M4, which I just bought with Christmas bonus) so my advice won't be of much help to you. Good luck though. I say if you are debtfree (except house payment) spend that money and do your part to help the economy.:D

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    Get the .38.

They're just classics, that's all there is to it.

Plus, then you can still set some aside like the first two kill-joys said. :)

Also, since no one else said it...."decisions"

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    I just finished mine up as well($612 Federal, $9 state. TurboTax as well, if you are a CapitalOne customer, it is 25% off!).

I am leaning towards building my first AR with my taxes, and buying a Lock 'N Load with my bonus, but I havent decided. I am still toying with the idea of buying the MSAR STG I have been wanting for a few months, but Im not sure I want to blow all my cash on one gun. Im also buying some sort of bolt .223 gun, but it sounds like my fiance may want to purchase one for herself, so I am holding off on that.

eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    alas I won't be having that decision to make...I've been told i'm getting our master bathroom remodeled. The refund won't cover the damn sink!

SgtBaker_21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Westside Indy
    alas I won't be having that decision to make...I've been told i'm getting our master bathroom remodeled. The refund won't cover the damn sink!

Similar situation here, but I was told that we are going to visit her cousin in Vietnam. I might manage to sneak away with enough cash to pick up a box of ammo. :dunno:

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN

Ouch. I am once again reminded how nice I have it. Separate finances are an amazing thing! (Now with my luck, she will decide that she is entitled to some of this extra cash :rolleyes:)

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I vote for the .38 you could pick up a decent one and still have some left over to save for later. Wheelguns are great! :D:rockwoot: Good luck with your decision.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Spend, Spend, Spend. Spur that economy! Don't listen to the others. Don't be responsible. Then after you buy that new gun, call me up so I can shoot the living snot out of it. Then I will want your new gun and you can brag about your purchase. :):

Go with the revolver. All the cool kids have one. :D

BulkAmmo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2010
    I'm not sure what I'm getting back this year. Probably going to just sit on it for awhile though.

Out of the list of firearms you have up. I would say you should look for a prelock S&W snub. You should be able to pick one up for a reasonable price and still have enough money left over to pick up some ammo. Don't sell yourself short though you can probably find a .357 snub and not spend much more.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Well, I just did my taxes today (Turbo Tax). I will be getting back $827.15. Now the dilema is, figuring out what to spend it on.

Guns on my short list:

1. .38 snub, I do not own a revolver as of yet.
    2. Custom 10/22
    3. M&P 15-22
    4. Weatherby .223 bolt action, plus optic.
    5. Another custom AK
    6. M4

Or, build a custom plate carrier.

Decesions sometimes just suck.

I'm pretty sure that any refund I get will go toward helping re-elect Obama.

:rofl:

Top Bottom