• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    I have been living in NWI since I was in High School. I have used Deb's in Hammond, the range in the Crown Point square (it's closed now and I cannot remember the name), and joined the Griffith Issac Walton.

I am honestly not impressed by any of these ranges. They are what is to be expected of a range but, I am looking for something a little more.

Does anyone belong to a club or know of a range that does not confine you to "bench shooting" and you do not have to be in constant fear of the person shooting in the "stall" next to you.

I am looking for somewhere that I can actually train and/or practice they way I have been trained. i.e. "if you are not shooting, you are moving". I was looking at the North Porter County Conservation Club but, their on-line info is very limited and I do not have the time currently to go out there and check it out.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I have lived in NWI all my life, and i have never heard of a public or private range that allows run and gun stuff. if i were you, i would make friends with a farmer that has lots of hills.

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    I belong to North Porter County Conservation Club. It was exactly what I was looking for. There are several separate bays, a trap range, and a 100yd rifle range. Move and shoot is no issue, as long as you do it within club guidelines. If you have the ability to go to the range off peak (I go Monday mornings) you will probably be able to have a bay to yourself. I usually work in the bay that has plate racks, and set up 3 or 4 target stands. There is also steel available. I have been really happy with it.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    More north central than north west and perhaps further south than you would prefer but our club allows you do do just about any drills you can come up with as long as your bullets stay on the range. And at $35.00 a year dues it it quite affordable as well...

L'Anguille Practical Pistol League, Cass County

ourrange-1.jpg

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    I belong to North Porter County Conservation Club. It was exactly what I was looking for. There are several separate bays, a trap range, and a 100yd rifle range. Move and shoot is no issue, as long as you do it within club guidelines. If you have the ability to go to the range off peak (I go Monday mornings) you will probably be able to have a bay to yourself. I usually work in the bay that has plate racks, and set up 3 or 4 target stands. There is also steel available. I have been really happy with it.

+1 :yesway:

I also belong to North Porter County CC and unless you are going on the weekends there is hardly ever anyone else there. I think the busiest I have seen it was two MAYBE three other shooters in other bays shooting.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Here is about all the ranges that I know of in NWI

List of ranges in NWI; Is your range here?:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/106004-nwi_ingo_general_post-3.html#post1252132

If you have one please post so I can continue to update the list.

BTW
    ---
    NWI INGO MEMBERS

Get the latest news by joining the NWI INGO group here:
    INGunOwners - Northwest Indiana

UPCOMING EVENTS

The final 2010 MEET & SHOOT will be on 14 NOV 2010
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...v_2010_-_last_1_for_2010_a-3.html#post1416301

Appleseed for NWI

2 Day Courses
    Sand Burr Gun Ranch: Calendar
    11-12 DEC 2010 @ Sand Burr, Rochester, IN
    19-20 MAR 2011 @ Sand Burr, Rochester, IN
    02-03 APR 2011 @ Sand Burr, Rochester, IN

Keep this post for uncoming info & updates
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/appleseed/107083-new_ranges_coming_to_eventbright.html

Top Bottom