• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I'd heard there was a death in that fall. Off a second story balcony. Girl leaning on a guy who was leaning against the balcony railing. One is dead and the other with a broken neck. I was in the garage working and didn't hear it clearly enough to know which one was dead though.

258 Excise tickets handed out too.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Anyone else glad that they were, in general, just citations? (as opposed to filling a paddy wagon a several dozen times and taking them to the jail)

The girl dying in the fall...tragic.

-J-

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    271 and none at the party where someone died? Is that to avoid negligent homicide or something like that?

Wooden railings suck. I knew someone paralyzed from T10 down after the same exact thing happened. He landed on a brick paver wall. The girl who landed on him destroyed her knee.

Sad all around.

bgray

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Central Indiana
    They even held court on Sunday. First time offenders were offered deferral with a $424 fine, 4 hours of community service, an alcohol education class, and a year of probation. They had to be at court at 0830, pay the fine, do the community service, and attend the class all on the same day.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    They even held court on Sunday. First time offenders were offered deferral with a $424 fine, 4 hours of community service, an alcohol education class, and a year of probation. They had to be at court at 0830, pay the fine, do the community service, and attend the class all on the same day.

I think that's pretty standard. I had some friends do something similar while I was in Btown. Of course two of the years I was celebrating with the winning teams because I back a winner!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    When I was down there some girl went out a window of a frat and was paralyzed too. The guy told her to put out or get out, when she refused, he tossed her out of his second story window, allegedly of course. I don't think there was much of an attempt at enforcement of any rules at that time.

bgray

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Central Indiana
    I think that's pretty standard. I had some friends do something similar while I was in Btown. Of course two of the years I was celebrating with the winning teams because I back a winner!

My buddy coaches the Cutters. He won once as a rider, and 7 times as a coach with 5 in a row up until this last race.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    My buddy coaches the Cutters. He won once as a rider, and 7 times as a coach with 5 in a row up until this last race.

Nice, I think 1997 was Dodds house while I was in Wright Quad and I can't remember the Cutters year but I want to say it would have been 1999 or 2000. I had friends on the team each year.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    "I've attended Super Bowls, World Series and the Monaco Grand Prix, but the coolest event I ever attended was the Little 500,"
    Lance Armstrong told Sports Illustrated for Kids last summer.

seamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Its actually calmer than in year's past. No cars burnt etc. I have been multiple times when I was a student and when my siblings were students and never got in any trouble? I guess I was smarter than some.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008

Are you sure? I thought that was the Monroe Co. Prosecutor's Office annual community fundraising drive? :D

Top Bottom