• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I received this in my email today. Thought I would pass it along.

DEAR FRIENDS OF JOBLESS AMERICANS,

Here is the second set of actions in our December campaign to force Washington to confront why we are giving out 125,000 new work permits to foreign workers EVERY MONTH.

The President's Jobs Summit on Thursday offers a great teachable moment for our elected officials. Please consider these faxes to tie the summit with the need to reduce immigration immediately.

Send this fax to the White House.

Send this fax about the Jobs Summit to your 3 Members of Congress.

The biggest economic and business brains in the country reputedly will be at the summit trying to figure out how to put more Americans back to work.

Without you, they will miss the easiest -- and cheapest -- solutions.

Nobel-award winning economist Paul Krugman can't figure it out. So, I doubt that he or any of the other hot-shot business and academic experts at Pres. Obama's jobs summit Thursday will bring up the fact that hundreds of thousands additional Americans could be working a year from now by changing immigration quotas (FOR FREE).

I'm just an humble former newspaperman, but if Obama had invited me, here is what I would suggest to him . . . (READ my blog and MY 7 RECOMMENDATIONS HERE -- for putting more Americans back to work.)

What do you think of the recommendations? Will you pass them along? Share your comments in the section under the blog.

Let's make these recommendations (sent through your faxes) the No. 1 message that Congress and the White House gets these next two days about the jobs issue!

THANKS,

Roy Beck's signature

Roy Beck, President NumbersUSA

P.S. Thanks to all of you who took Action 1. The message of the new video (that reducing immigration RESPECTS our immigration traditions) is really starting to move through the public right now.

If you haven't taken Action 1, yet, click here for the link to the video, for the explanation of the numbers and for the message you can send to your friends and neighbors.

Read through the comments below the blog for a lot of great ideas from your fellow NumbersUSA members across the country.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    It is pretty strange that we take care of citizens of other countries while our own citizens are out of work.

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    No. 1 – Allow all employers to voluntarily run their entire workforce through E-Verify.
    No. 2 – Immediately begin the roll-out of mandatory E-Verify.
    The system is in place. It is proven. It already is expanding rapidly because of the new Obama Administration mandate on federal contractors.
    No. 3 – Provide full funding so that DHS can quickly train as many local and state police forces as desire to enter into the 287(g) program.
    No. 4 -- Suspend issuing Green Cards to visa lottery winners
    No. 5 -- Suspend the chain migration categories of adult siblings and adult children of anchor immigrants
    No. 6 – Suspend issuing work permits to the parents of anchor immigrants
    No. 7 – Dramatically reduce permanent work permits issued through employment-based categories to take jobs that Americans want.

So you need Obama, the Federal government, and a handout to get work? In 18 months, TEN THOUSAND POSTS, several of which describe the many reasons you cannot (will not) get work or training, Let me guess, it's not your fault?

We're hiring electricians, welders (GMAW, certified All Positions, GTAW, Stainless and pressure vessel, and laser operators (Bystronics and GE Fanuc). Training takes less than a year.

I'll ring up this post next year and see what you've done.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    You know, I never said I supported this. I passed it along. Now for some reason you just ASSUME I support this. You must be that stupid, huh? I'm not looking for a handout. I never was. I never asked for any of this.

If you want to bash someone, go bash yourself. Preferably through the first brick wall you come too. Save everyone a headache.

And for the record, I'm one step closer to serving my Country. Not that it matters to you since you seem to think that helping out our veterans is such a bad thing and we should do away with "wasteful spending" that helps them. :thumbsup:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    As a jobless american I just want to provide for my family.

Cut out the green cards altogether.

:scratch:

Nah, I have no problem with legal immigration. If they can come here and make it and plan to become a citizen, so be it. That's what this Country is about.

I worked with a lot of refugee's from Manila after their whole tsunamia disaster. They were REALLY nice and worked really hard to learn English and did a good job. But it's those that come here to work for a little while, send all their money back to their Country, pay no taxes, and then go home for a little while and come back. That bugs me.

It would be nice for Immigration to crack down, though, on the Illegals already here. We might not be able to stop them from coming, but we can stop them from working in most places.

NO, I'm not blaming anyone for why I don't have a job so before you try that, stow it.

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    "It would be nice for Immigration to crack down, though, on the Illegals already here. We might not be able to stop them from coming, but we can stop them from working in most places."

Crack down on what? What definitive action do you recommend?

When they are working, doing a service, completing a task, why would you recommend them to not work?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Crack down on what? What definitive action do you recommend?

When they are working, doing a service, completing a task, why would you recommend them to not work?

E-Verify for one. That would be a good step. Second, crack down on businesses that hire the illegals. Third, DEPORT them to the farthest corner of their Country from us.

It would cost us less to deport them that far than it costs us for their free medical care, lost wages (money sent out of the Country), criminal activities, paying for them in jail, etc. Also, those jobs that they occupy, illegals don't pay taxes. If you replace them with people who DO pay taxes, it helps to LOWER taxes.

When they are here, working, doing a service, completing a task, they are here ILLEGALLY which makes them a criminal. Do you think we should reward criminals? Here, lets pay criminals. Let's let them roam free. NO. We don't do it with rapists, murderers, thieves, and other criminals, why should illegals be any different? Why couldn't they just go through the same process as everyone else? My ancestors came here from Italy with NOTHING. They had the clothes on their back and what amounted to about $20 in today's money. Some of them had successful businesses, but all of them learned the language, got jobs, survived, but most of all, came here LEGALLY.

If you oppose that, well, that's your right. But if you allow them to work for you, that makes you a criminal too. If you rent a home to them, that makes you a criminal. If you help them in anyway other than back across the boarder, that makes you a criminal.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    It would cost us less to deport them that far than it costs us for their free medical care, lost wages (money sent out of the Country), criminal activities, paying for them in jail, etc. Also, those jobs that they occupy, illegals don't pay taxes. If you replace them with people who DO pay taxes, it helps to LOWER taxes.

The same could be said for all of our welfare queen citizens. Can we deport them too?

bonsaijackson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2009
    As a jobless american I just want to provide for my family.

Cut out the green cards altogether.

While I entirely sympathize and have been jobless recently myself, they are only trying to provide for their families also. They have no food stamps, no unemployment, no homeless shelters, no caring churches. They have gangsters recruiting their kids to run drugs daily, no food, no shelter, no education, little help. What would you be willing to do to feed your starving family in that situation. Sneak across the border to work for nothing? You bet I would, forget the consequences, the other choice is watching my family starve.

What if at several difficult points (like today) in American economic history we decided to stop taking people in. I know my family would not be here, who knows where we would be, maybe non-existent. This country IS diversity, look at the census if your don't believe it brother. Unless your American Indian you should be grateful to be here and SHARING in opportunity even when the opportunities are slim to none. You are entitled to only "the pursuit of happiness".

That being said, I agree there has to be 100% better control methods on payment of taxes and worker eligibility. I agree that people should not be able to work here as non-citizens and not pay taxes. If they want to live/work here, they need to be citizens. I am not opposed to any mans offer to contribute and will lend my free hand to help everyone I can. This ability is what we have fought and died for, not exclusion ism.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Is this thread about limiting legal immigration or illegal immigration? It looked like it started out as being about limiting legal immigration, then we started talking about illegals. Two different subjects.

At the risk of being blasted on this, I'll take a contrary view. Severely limiting foreign workers would cost us more jobs than we would gain by letting the jobs they are taking stay open. Higher productivity produces more jobs, and lower productivity produces less jobs. Handicapping our business structure in order to artifically raise wages here would help a visible few, but greatly harm the invisible multitudes who will never have the jobs that were never created from the damage such regulations does to production. As George Bush once famously said, "Let's make the pie higher." What he meant, was that we should make the pie bigger, which is what improving production accomplishes.

As to illegal immigration, we absolutely need to control who comes in to our country. Personally, I don't believe that's a practical goal. How about instead we severely limit their access to public services (and the voting booth).

As to cracking down on businesses who hire illegals, that all sounds good, but it's not as easy in practice. I used to hire people for a living (I was a headhunter in the 90s, during the tech boom) and in at least one situation, I found myself caughte between two government agencies. The regulations that keep you from discriminating illegally against a resident alien are just as harsh as the laws that punish a business for hiring illegals. BTW, the laws that punish you for knowingly hiring illegals are already harsh.) The law doesn't allow you to ask for the credentials you want. You are REQUIRED to accept any document that APPEARS legal. That's what the law said (or at least what it said ten or so years ago, I'm not up on recent changes). I had a situation where we were facing a potential lawsuit because our client wouldn't accept a foreign contractor's credentials, but to us, they appeared to be legal,even though admittedly the credentials were of a type none of us had ever seen. I sat for a day in the immigration office, waiting in endless lines. The immigration official finally said that the guy's paperwork was in order and he was legal to work. When I asked for a document verifying that so I could provide my client to satisfy them, the reply was, "He already has all the documentation he needs," and dismissed me rudely. My contractor was talking lawsuit against one of our largest clients which would have ruined us in the industry, and the government wasn't helping at all.

So, as with many things, the truth can be much more complex than the simple way a commentator can make it appear.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I'm all for punishing companies that hire illegals so long as we exempt them from discrimination lawsuits. The first time a company asks a first generation American citizen for a green card, they will get sued.

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    Nearly half of the US population can trace roots back to Ellis Island . They worked hard, didn't ask for a government program, and built the whole damn country infrastructure, buildings, roads, rail, mines, agriculture... etc.

The only thing that changed was the definition of legal or illegal. Under todays rules, neither your ancestors nor mine would be allowed in. Gosh Ryan, I thought we'd never find anything in common, guess I was wrong on that one.

These "Aliens" are illegal when it suites us. They are legal for agriculture. They are legal for other jobs, services, and programs.

To define them all as illegal is pure BS. We should ask Obama to create more agriculture jobs, then they would all be legal again.

It turns out the "Illegal alien" numbers and the "Unemployed Citizen" numbers match perfectly. Who here thinks that having those 12 million go away woulld bring unemployment to ZERO.

Who here will applaud the sitting president when the price of your fruit, produce, groceries jump 30%, 40%, 50% in price. The agriculture jobs need to be completed, but now the labor costs are 3 times higher. I can afford it, but do you really want to pay it? Really?

And as for your statment about "If you replace them with people who DO pay taxes, it helps to LOWER taxes." , there will be some other INGO members reading this, you can explain it to them, I'm still laughing at you too hard to reply.

Merry Christmas

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    The same could be said for all of our welfare queen citizens. Can we deport them too?

How do you figure? As far as I know, all these welfare queens didn't come into this Country Illegally. Can't deport someone on the basis of getting welfare and not trying to get a job.

The only thing that changed was the definition of legal or illegal. How so? As far as I know, it's always been if you want to be a citizen, you go through the steps as outlined in our laws. When did that change? It was the same before and after the civil war, as far as I know. It's been the same since, also. :dunno:

These "Aliens" are illegal when it suites us. They are legal for agriculture. They are legal for other jobs, services, and programs. How do you figure they are legal for farming and ranching? If they came into this Country illegally, they are illegally here. Making them criminals. Farmers who hire them to work are aiding and abetting a criminal, in turn, making them criminals as well. Where in US Law does it say that an illegal working a farm is no longer an illegal alien?

To define them all as illegal is pure BS. We should ask Obama to create more agriculture jobs, then they would all be legal again. Again, how so? I'm sure the last part is sarcasm, but the first sentence I mean.

It turns out the "Illegal alien" numbers and the "Unemployed Citizen" numbers match perfectly. Who here thinks that having those 12 million go away woulld bring unemployment to ZERO. Unemployment numbers and Illegal Alien numbers can in no way match. Unemployment numbers are faulty in the fact that they go off who's collecting unemployment and not who's actually unemployed. And no one actually knows for sure how many illegal aliens we have in this Country because no one has the balls to go after them.

Even if the numbers DID match perfectly (which is obviously false) that would mean I'm an illegal alien. And so are my kids. :scratch: So what are you saying here?

And as for your statment about "If you replace them with people who DO pay taxes, it helps to LOWER taxes." , there will be some other INGO members reading this, you can explain it to them, I'm still laughing at you too hard to reply.

Merry Christmas

Ok, let me explain that statement while you're laughing. What happens when people don't pay taxes and tax revenues for a state drop? USUALLY, they either raise or create MORE taxes. Right? Right. And what happens when they come out ahead? Usually, they either drop, or discuss dropping taxes. Cause and effect.

Now say we have X number of illegal's making money who don't pay taxes. They don't pay income tax, they don't pay taxes when they buy a car or home, whatever. Where do you think the tax burden is going to fall? Back on them? Nope, they'll just go back home and come back later with a new fake SSN and do it all over again. BUT... If you take X number of AMERICAN's that DO pay taxes working those jobs, the tax burden gets evened back out. More people not only helping pay taxes, but putting that money back into the community instead of sending it to another Country.

Again, cause and effect. This is what I've personally seen happen in my old home town. I can only assume it's the same principle everywhere else. We had a bunch of illegals come work the Watermelon fields where normally us kids and a few other adults would work. We paid taxes. They did not. Our taxes got raised, as I was told, while the illegals did our work. Not long after we ran them out of town, got our jobs back, taxes came back down. It's truly an amazing concept really. :rolleyes:

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    That would rock

I have no problem with hard working immigrants. Whenever someone complains to me that they went to the clinic and their doctor was a foreigner I tell them "That's great. That means we stole a doctor from another country. Now if we could just figure out how to send our drug addicts and welfare frauds to some other country it would be a perfect system."

Top Bottom