• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I have a new p226 that has 9mm and 22lr barrels. Id like to expand the family a bit. I really want something smaller, and from my research the p228 is the smallest gun in the series. If there is a smaller double stack in the P series please correct me. Ive been doing a lot of searching for used police trade in's. Widners has a sale currently on used p226's for $425 plus shipping. Id really like to find a source for used p228's at a similar price. does anyone have a lead on a great sale price anywhere?

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Looks like nobody wants to part with them. Or they are keeping the good deals to themselves. Good luck with your hunt.

hcsdstan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2012
    I have a German k-kote P228 with 4 mags and factory shortened trigger. Trijicons are from 1995 and still glow unbelieveably. i look occasionally on gunbroker for idea of value and always come up stumped. Nit a sales pitch here....just really have no idea how much mines worth. Most P228's i see are nitron finish instead of the k-kote finish. Really like the look and feel of the P228 versus P226 or P229.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    West German P228 get snapped up pretty quick under $650 or so. Newish versions are $700 and up. I have two. Right place, right time for one at $500. One unfired before I got it at $700. I'm not selling, but hope this gives you an idea.

hcsdstan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2012
    Seems about right. Heres what happened: Bought 2 p228's from same guy at same time. One was nitron with trijicons (1995) and other was k-kote with trijicons (1995). nitron version is long gone for another pistol deal but for some reason, I really like the look of the k-kote model. weird thing is, the shortened trigger is factory and came with the standard trigger wrapped in plastic in the box. occasionally see the P228 on Gunbroker but never k-kote. Doesnt surprise me Orion has one. Awesome gunstore. If they dont have it, you dont need it!

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Thanks for the replys guys. after seeing Widners selling P6's for 399 and p228's for 425 Widener's Reloading and Shooting Supply INC I was hoping to find the killer deal that apparantly isn't out there now. I get dizzy looking at the individual ads on gunsamerica trying to seperate the differences in the descriptions and decide which individual gun in the best value for me

Top Bottom