• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    So while at the 1500 today I stopped by a table that had all kinds of high end 1911's and other nice handguns. Dealer was from Kentucky. I asked if I could handle his guns. He said yes but wanted to be up front with me if I wanted to buy one of his guns I would have to pay for it today and then he would ship it to my FFL and I would have to pay for the shipping and FFL Transfer Fee. Why would you come set up at a gun show and try to sell guns that the customer cant even take home with them the same day?

Beansay

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2011
    Owen County, IN
    That is pretty strange and way too much trouble for the customer. In the past I have purchased a firearm from out of state dealers and they already had a deal set up with in in state ffl to do the transfer, and the cost of the transfer was rolled into the price of the firearm. Maybe these guys from Kentucky just need to meet a few local dealers before getting set up like that.

Big Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 25, 2014
    Greenwood
    That would kill the deal for me right there. I'd just look for a local gun shop and do business with them, and avoid all the extra problems.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Did he have a good number of long guns also? IIRC, he is legal to sell you them because of the neighbouring state department deal. The pistols might be an afterthought. Plus some gun show spectators would have no problem with that.

lazarus0213

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.4%
    62   1   1
    Jan 29, 2010
    Eden
    why did he not just refer you to a deal at the show that would be willing to transfer the firearm. The sale could go like this, you pay for firearm from dealer a. you guys walk it across the isle to a dealer b from indiana and he transfers it to dealer b. you sit down and do the 4473 and if you pass dealer b transfers the firearm to you. easy peasy lemon squeezy

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Are you certain he is a "dealer"?

Yes he had business cards for his shop on the table.

why did he not just refer you to a deal at the show that would be willing to transfer the firearm. The sale could go like this, you pay for firearm from dealer a. you guys walk it across the isle to a dealer b from indiana and he transfers it to dealer b. you sit down and do the 4473 and if you pass dealer b transfers the firearm to you. easy peasy lemon squeezy

I found it very ignorant for him not to try and pair up with one of the local dealers to do his transfers. His table was directly across from ZX Guns.

st33da

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 19, 2014
    Greenfield

This pretty much sums it up to how it should have been handled. I can't imagine it was worth his time and money to set up a booth considering how many possible sales he lost due to his policy.

Top Bottom