• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MarkM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Brownsburg
    They should do one with the crazy iraq police force. I watched them on shadow soldiers. I don't remember the name but they are ruthless. They made the spetznaz look like little girls.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I watched the Spetsnaz vs. Green Berets yesterday. I like the idea of the show but I feel they don't test them evenly. I understand the weapons will differ but I think they still should do the same tests.

Also, I know the E-tool can be used as a weapon but surely the Green Berets have a knife they use. Don't they?

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I watched the Spetsnaz vs. Green Berets yesterday. I like the idea of the show but I feel they don't test them evenly.

On another forum, Sonny Puzikas, one of the "Spetsnaz" guys (and a frequent co-instructor with Gabe Suarez), posted some interesting back-stage perspective on that show.

In short: This was nothing more than entertainment and business... That's the way TV works.

The one finger salute was meant for the director. In editing they made it look if I'm flipping off GB's...

GB's brought their own weapons. We were not allowed. Initially they promised AN94, VS99, Giurza pistol... Naaawww.

SVD was very poor quality romanian POS. Max was not given opportunity to zero it in before filming. The M24 was one of GB's personal rifle- zeroed, tuned, etc.

Saiga was without pistol grip and NO sights. Makarov it wasn't... Some unnamed copy... Gen 1 NVG's... Much footage and discussions didn't make the cut.

GB's were nice enough guys. Little "big mouthed" (especially initially), but nice and friendly.

Director was constantly egging us on to talk smack. Non stop.

Off to LA to film aftermath and meet with some folks about future projects...
    Thanks all...

And "The Aftermath":
    The Aftermath - Green Beret vs. Spetsnaz | SPIKE

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    On another forum, Sonny Puzikas, one of the "Spetsnaz" guys (and a frequent co-instructor with Gabe Suarez), posted some interesting back-stage perspective on that show.

And "The Aftermath":
    The Aftermath - Green Beret vs. Spetsnaz | SPIKE

I assumed it was mostly entertainment and also thought the Saiga12 looked way too stock. I'm so skeptical of tv now days that I was thinking they were all actors anyway.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Yeah its a neat show, bothered me when Spetz beat GB with their Makarov vs Beretta challenge:(

That dude was an animal. Great shooter.

I find it telling that the Spetz get killed in training from time to time.

The new season looks interesting. I really liked the best of match-ups from the old season too. I won't ruin for those who have it DVR'd though!

bergx7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    I was just part of the shooting for an episode for an upcoming series on Spike called Don't Be a Victim

It should be interesting and right up the alley of the folks on this forum. It comes out this July on Spike and will be a series of 2 hour episodes split into 30 minute segments. Each segment covers different relevant areas from mental awareness (cooper color codes, etc) to shooting tactics to gun retention.

DBV Practical Tactical

Hope you guys/gals tune in

Top Bottom