• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kobra

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Got home from work last night and flipped on the TV. Started to watch the show DEA. They busted a guy in his house and began searching. Found is stash and the found a "machine gun". They kept saying it was a MAC-10 machine gun. It was clearly a Kel-tec SUB-2000. It was even folded up. And it wasn't the narrator that kept saying it, it was the DEA agents. :dunno:Anyone else see that episode?

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    I was going to post this too! It made me so mad. It also had a laser and the guy was going to gun down the agents.

I dont know if it is the fact that the agents do not know what the firearm was, or that they just try to scare the sheep!

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Probably trying to be all BA for the tv. :rolleyes: I'm glad to see my tax-dollars are hard at work, incorrectly training agents in basic firearm-distinction and identification. :noway:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    Probably trying to be all BA for the tv. :rolleyes: I'm glad to see my tax-dollars are hard at work, incorrectly training agents in basic firearm-distinction and identification. :noway:

I saw something similar on COPS a looong time ago. Some cop-chick, literally a blonde LVMPD officer, quite possibly this one:

YouTube - Dumb cop almost shoots partner

...was trying to jazz it up for the camera during an arrest arrest where they found 'an AK-47 assault rifle':

Matchlock01.jpg

(Can't remember what the actual weapon was, but she was so far off it might as well have been the one shown above...) :rolleyes: :xmad: :ugh: :bash: :facepalm:

Astrocreep

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indy
    Those agents are great at busting drug rings and locking up thugs, but they don't know squat about firearms.

I saw that too and laughed.

dhdoug

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    hancock county
    never saw the "cops" shooting before....damn!!!! i would love to have heard what the cop on the ground (almost killed) had to say to the ....um....partner aftthat was over!!

Smitty506th

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    I saw that crap and have not watched it since. If they don't like guns in the hands of the people then there are other ways to show it than smearing and disinformation on a TV show. It is sad that people who are former military and career law enforcement would just act as though they know what something is and spout off BS when they have no idea what something is. I have to say i was a little into that show, then people just started making crap up..... I'm right there with you, it was a sad day for the DEA.

MacMan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    I seen the show a while back, and got real upset at there lack knowledge of firearms.
    Other than that I really like the show.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Trencher
    Top Bottom