Daughter needs a car and of course has requirements...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    Hoping for some recommendations. She would prefer to buy outright ($10k budget)...
    She wants a manual and (surprisingly) doesn't want a truck and that's about it at this point. I'm not stuck on any particular brand...
    I've owned a 1968 Simca 1000. It was a blast to drive, 4-speed, 4-cylinder (rear mounted iron block, aluminum head), 12" tires (mud&snow on rear, highway on front). That little thing would go just about anywhere.
    I don't know what shipping from Italy would be, but...
    1968_Simca_1000.jpg

:ugh: On second thought, the Simca 1000 may not be the safest car on the road.

Last edited:

DCR

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    I've owned a 1968 Simca 1000. It was a blast to drive, 4-speed, 4-cylinder (rear mounted iron block, aluminum head), 12" tires (mud&snow on rear, highway on front). That little thing would go just about anywhere.
    I don't know what shipping from Italy would be, but...
    View attachment 382847

:ugh: On second thought, the Simca 1000 may not be the safest car on the road.

4 speed on the column AIR

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Man some of you guys actually buy cars for economy and reliability? You only get one spin on this earth.

I wonder how many people here that have never driven a high powered car?
    Closest I ever came was a '73 Nova SS. 350, 4bbl, 4 speed. It was a piece of crap overall, but it was fun to take out on U.S. 52 south of Lafayette and put it through its paces.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Man some of you guys actually buy cars for economy and reliability? You only get one spin on this earth.

I don’t need a high powered car to have fun. My racecar makes 116whp. My daily has 180whp. Manual trans, sticky tires and good suspension is all I need

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

When I was a kid I was smart and poor dreamed of a Porsche then I made some money and decided I like security more than speed...now if I made 7 figures maybe...but I will stick with Hondas Subaru cars and Ford trucks

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    How smart is it to put your teenager in a fast car?

Surely we've all seen foolish parents who thought this might be a good idea?

Don't even get me started on teenagers riding motorcycles on the street.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Pontiac Vibe my 2009 has 206k still drives and runs fine 5 speed 1.8 liter Toyota engine. (This is a Toyota matrix hiding under a pontiac badge.)

I have replace wheel bearings some front end parts battery (once) brakes and oil changes. Needs some struts now.

VW golf (not as reliable but a bit more fun) we had rabbits back in the day.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    My daughter learned to drive primarily in a 400hp 4x4 and has pulled a horse trailer to Missouri. She's driven my 2500 on 37's a fair bit and I'd wager it'll break the back tires loose as easy as most anything out there. I wouldn't have any concerns about putting her in a fast car, at least the vehicles she could afford but fortunately she's not the speed demon her Mother is lol.

Dante1983

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2021
    Civic or a carolla. My daughter wrecked her carolla more that 3 times, totalled it twice. Last time front end was finally crunched like a beer can on a frat boys forehead, she walked away.

stevezx2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2018
    Hartford City

Why not have something for every occasion? The Maverick get 40+ mpg, has a bed just incase. The F150 for when I tow or haul heavy loads. The Shelby for the fun side.

1000008665.jpg

And a 67 cougar for shows and a Sunday drive.

1000000218.jpg

Top Bottom