• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    Getting out my old antique bow. Bought for me new when I was about 14 years old. It is a Darton SL50. Taken a few deer with this old bow, I know there are much better bows and some alot faster. But any of the deer I have taken with this old arrow slinger would say it is plenty fast enough. The only thing I wish it had is an overdraw, but oh well. I doubt that would make much difference with a 31" draw anyhow.

Couple of questions:

It has been years since I have shot this bow, but back when I did hunt with it I practiced everyday till my fingers were numb. (yes I used to shoot with fingers, until I could not feel them any more). What do I need to do/check to make sure this thing is ready to go again?

I have a plunger style rest on it now, but like the idea of the whisper biskit style rests because the keep the arrow in place and stable. But do not want to throw $100 on a rest. Any suggestions?

Sights on it currently are a mis match of pins I picked up here and there. Any suggestions on something that is durable but decent in low light and does not cost a fortune?

My shafts are good, but could use re-fletching. Ever shot 2315 before? :D

LOWE1600

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    I have the same bow yes its a oldy but works well for me I use 2117 arrows and shoot with a tab have 2 sight pins and a hoyt rest pretty simple.

Top Bottom