• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    In St. Louis for the NRA Annual Meeting I was advised by CZ that Dan Wesson revolvers will soon be back in production. Things were spooling up in New York and the initial run will be the .357 only with additional calibers to be determined by demand.

FYI.:ingo:

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    In St. Louis for the NRA Annual Meeting I was advised by CZ that Dan Wesson revolvers will soon be back in production. Things were spooling up in New York and the initial run will be the .357 only with additional calibers to be determined by demand.

Sweet!!!! I just got done watching "Last Action Hero" and a Dan Wesson is featured. Made me wish I had one.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

They will be interesting to see, at the shop I used to work at we would get them in trade all the time but couldn't hardly give them away. Now at gunshows people are trying to ask ridiculous prices, they weren't that awesome. It couldn't hurt to have a few more choices in revolvers though, as long as they don't try to command a premium for them.

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I have two Dan Wesson revolvers, one in 357 and one in 44 magnum. I bought them in the early 80s. Each is capable of superb long range accuracy which is one of the reasons I chose Dan Wesson. Formerly I shot in hunter's pistol silohouette competition and at that time 80% of the winning revolvers were Dan Wesson.

Sometimes I think that I wish I had a 357 maximum too. I need one like I need a hole in my head, but I am well beyond needs with guns, they are purely for fun and investment.

Sounds great that Dan Wesson will be making revolvers again.

Terry

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Are not all guns now commanding a premium, Sgt.?:D

I guess it depends on your definition:) I'm thinking we used to try and get rid of these for 3-350.00 and now there are guys at the 1500 trying to get over 900.00. Like a lot of guns though when they were available people were like meh but once they're gone all of a sudden they're interesting. I wish I bought about five or six of the L frame SW 696 .44 specials (another gun we couldn't give away), those are pushing 800-1000.00 now.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I had a LNIB Pistol Pac in 22LR that included the gun and a 2", 4", 6" and 8" bbls, 2 grips, tools, belt buckle, arm patch and all fitted in an aluminum case in 22LR. It took me FOREVER to get $600 for it! Now I see the single guns used going for more than that. You just never know. :dunno:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I had a LNIB Pistol Pac in 22LR that included the gun and a 2", 4", 6" and 8" bbls, 2 grips, tools, belt buckle, arm patch and all fitted in an aluminum case in 22LR. It took me FOREVER to get $600 for it! Now I see the single guns used going for more than that. You just never know. :dunno:

I did like their .22's, you don't see those as often as you do the .357's. I hear you on the pistol pacs, very difficult to sell.

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    If they make one in .40/10mm I'll sell my 610 and buy one. looking at an old model 15 snub nose right now. with fixed sights and the 2.5" barrel it would make a decent pocket gun. the ability to add a 4-12" barrel makes me smile and my grandpa has several spares :-)

Top Bottom