• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    I've be googling the Dan Wesson product, anybody have pros or cons for DW? The search function does not say much so I have been reading on the 1911 forums.

Primarily, I have been reading about the DW Commander and Classic Bobtail.:popcorn:

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    I've be googling the Dan Wesson product, anybody have pros or cons for DW? The search function does not say much so I have been reading on the 1911 forums.

Primarily, I have been reading about the DW Commander and Classic Bobtail.:popcorn:

My bobtail is a very nice 1911. I have Colts, Kimbers, and Sigs, and the Bobtail is every bit as high quality as any of 'em..... and very accurate.... :yesway:

bobtail.jpg

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I have a Bobtail as well. My Bobtail had to go back to the factory twice before it ran right, but great customer service. Shoots great now. It's my favorite carry gun.

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Get hold of these folks. They're in Owensboro, KY, and I've had the pleasure of dealing with them several times. If you've driven to take your family to Disney World.... drive to Owensboro and take yourself to Whittakers.... :D

I ordered my DW CBOB from them and they didn't have it in stock.... they had one to my dealer in two days.

Whittaker Guns

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    Get hold of these folks. They're in Owensboro, KY, and I've had the pleasure of dealing with them several times. If you've driven to take your family to Disney World.... drive to Owensboro and take yourself to Whittakers.... :D

I ordered my DW CBOB from them and they didn't have it in stock.... they had one to my dealer in two days.

Whittaker Guns

Cool, thanks, I will call them on Monday!

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Elmores usually has several Dan Wesson's. I think they're one of the best production guns going, high quality parts and good fit and finish. After DW your next stop is the semi-customs.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I wanted a high end 1911 and did a lot of research as I was looking for a clean looking 1911, the two I was looking at LB custom carry and Ed Brown Special forces. I read a lot about DW and took a look at the Valor since it had the features that I was looking for, I'm happy to say that I'm now an owner of a SS Valor and the fit and finish is fantastic not to mention that the trigger is superb from factory and what is best was the price (about $800.00 less than the EB).

Top Bottom