• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Wait a minute.. What part of both states' law did he violate to constitute a violation of federal law? Indiana's law specifies that you as an adult, non-prohibited citizen of Indiana can purchase a long gun in any of five states. It does not say that you cannot anywhere else. This would be analogous to a police officer being allowed to wear a badge... It does not say he cannot have "POLICE" as a window sticker on his personal vehicle. It would also compare to a blind person using his red-tipped white cane and a hook-handled walking cane as well. He can use both, but one of the two is specifically permitted; the other is not prohibited.

Or am I missing something here?

Blessings,
    Bill

Would it not be like carry law? Like Indiana recognizes Ohio's carry license, but Ohio doesn't recognize ours?

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    Wouldn't it be nice if we had one easy law to understand, something like the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed? Nothing about what state you can or cannot buy in, no barrel length, no parts count.

Unfortunately to get these rights back will take one of four things, either the slow piece by piece recovery, much like how we got here in the first place, or a dramatic shift in leadership that understands we are a nation of laws, with the constitution being the supreme law of the land, seccession from the union and forming Indiana as a republic, or finally the one I hope we don't need, is the forced return of this country to it's constitutional roots.

FTFY

Last edited:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Originally Posted by indykid
    Wouldn't it be nice if we had one easy law to understand, something like the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed? Nothing about what state you can or cannot buy in, no barrel length, no parts count.

Unfortunately to get these rights back will take one of four things, either the slow piece by piece recovery, much like how we got here in the first place, or a dramatic shift in leadership that understands we are a nation of laws, with the constitution being the supreme law of the land, seccession from the union and forming Indiana as a republic, or finally the one I hope we don't need, is the forced return of this country to it's constitutional roots.
    FTFY, too. :D

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm in kentucky right now, will be in nashville tomorrow, and then onto south corolina.

I might not have too much time to shop, but in the event I do find an irrisistable deal, I'd buy from a dealer the legal deal.

Wouldn't a NICS approve or disapprove an out of state resident with restrictions in his resident state?

Top Bottom