• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    I picked up one of these yesterday. I went with the carbine, because I likely wouldn't shoot it much at all without a stock.

My intent is to file a Form 1 on it and SBR it, but I overlooked something in my thinking. I will likely mostly shoot it suppressed, but I don't want to end up with an sbr that MUST be suppressed.

If the shortest we can have the barrel chopped to work with the carbine hand guard is about 12", won't that make it hard to keep 9mm subsonic? I reload 9mm and I am not scared of loading up subsonic just for the gun, but now I am thinking that I will eventually have to have the barrel cut back and switch to a shorter hand guard? Looks like HB industries may have some options, but they are out of stock. Hopefully more options and solutions become available. I am sure I have several months minimum between now and when my form 1 comes back.

Anybody thought more about this?

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    You can buy a different hand guard.
    image-48-660x277.jpeg

Hb industries example

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    Yeah,.... hmmmm... I did more research and the new hand guard seems to be the way to go. Hopefully they are available closer to the time I need them. In retrospect, I sorta wish that I had just gotten the pistol version and put a brace or other non shouldering device on it instead. Now, as is, I get to shoot it with a stock right away and I avoid 922r issues, but I will have to pay for the barrel to be cut and threaded, plus a new hand guard.

I am also interested in seeing if the HB Industries "K" length configuration takes foothold. I don't know what length to submit my form 1 as,.... if the k configuration is good, I would probably rather have that length than the 8". I suppose the answer is to submit it sooner rather than later as an 8" and make changes with a notification after approval if need be.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Vitamin that looks good man, what did you cut your barrel down to? It looks shorter to me at least.

I saw that on IG MAC, looks fantastic!

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I still prefer the compact feel and look of a Scorpion. That's why I picked the Manticore retracting stock

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I still prefer the compact feel and look of a Scorpion. That's why I picked the Manticore retracting stock

In the case of my gun I haven't messed with the length. It's the same length with or without the carbine hand guard as I run mine suppressed all the time. The Omega 9k is the smallest (shortest) suppressor on the market. The carbine length hand guard just gives me the option to cover the can up to prevent burns and to add rail space further out. That, and it looks awesome.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Picked one up last night. Form 1 will follow shortly. I walked in to BGF fully intending on buying the pistol, but the carbine was about $60 more (their pistol was higher than I'd seen anywhere else but the carbine was about average). I think I'll get more enjoyment out of the carbine during the wait than I would the pistol.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    In the case of my gun I haven't messed with the length. It's the same length with or without the carbine hand guard as I run mine suppressed all the time. The Omega 9k is the smallest (shortest) suppressor on the market. The carbine length hand guard just gives me the option to cover the can up to prevent burns and to add rail space further out. That, and it looks awesome.

Not harping on the look. It looks awesome. Like it belongs in Star Wars.

Maybe I just need to hold it in my hand...and shoot it to get a better feel of it

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I need one of these. Hard to spend the $$$ when a sub2k can be had for 1/2 the cost and it would share mags with my G34. But everything aesthetically on the Scorpion is better than the sub2k.

Top Bottom