• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I'm considering either a CZ P07 or P01. I have owned CZ's in the past, (75B and 97B) and they where great handguns. The one thing I really liked about the 75, is the fact it was slim, compared too other handguns. For those who own either model. How easy are they to conceal? I'm wanting a smaller platform pistol. Something too IWB carry for certain occasions. However, my main requirement is, that it have a hammer and the ability to decock the hammer. All the handguns I own currently, are hammer fired and equipped with a decocker. So, I want to stay with a platform that I know, and that I'm comfortable shooting with. I just read a really good article on the P07, and have heard great things about the P01. Any insight would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Patriot

thoffman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Muncie
    cant offer any personal experience except i want the p 07 and researched them to death. they had a informal "recall" on some of them made before a certain serial# IIRC. send it back and they fix it for free...i think the mag well was to snug or something like that......overall very good gun from what iv read

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I used to own, carry, and shoot the CZ P01, as well as the SP01 heavily modified, single action etc. I also used a Kadet kit with it.

I sold them all off.

Here are the problems with the CZ75 design.
    p01profile.JPG

The frame goes up very high on the slide, leaving you very little to grasp when charging the pistol. This is the main reason I sold them off. If speed is any kind of important to you, this is not a quick pistol to clear a jam, charge, reload etc.

The Beavertail is quite the gut jabber, when it comes to CCW. That sucker was poking into my gut 24/7. Also holsters are not as easy to find as a 1911 or Glock, but doable if you are willing to wait for Eric or the rest of them to make you one.

The trigger has a rather extreme curve to it, which for someone with a largish finger, you will find it will "pinch".

Also, the joint between the trigger gaurd and the grip, would rub a callous into the second knuckle of my trigger finger, that got quite thick and raw. The gun did not fit my hands very well at all.

No complaints about mags or function of the pistols, both were very reliable.

The finish on the guns, is spray paint. Some sort of rubberized spray paint, you can see the "overspray" on the inside of the guns. Take this... however you wish.

So basically the reason I sold them off was ergonomic issues. Other than that, they were good guns.

I wont be buying another however, there are better options that are US made imho.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I have owned both, and still own a P01 in addition to several other CZ 75 variants.

I loved the grip of the P07 but not the trigger guard. The guard is big and bulky and finding a holster for that gun will be a challenge.

A_Tomic

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Orland, IN
    I have the P-01

I just purchased the P-01 about 2 months ago and it is now my every day carry. I am using the Bianchi IWB holster. All I need is a light shirt over the top of it and no one can tell I am carring. The P-01 is very reliable and I have shot everything from WWB to many different reloads and have not had 1 FTF or FTE.... like I said, very reliable. I use to hear talk about the plastic guide rod, but I dont see what the big deal is. They make a SS guide rod and I was thinking about getting one but I dont feel the need now that I have put about 400 to 500 rounds through it.

The decocker is a little different than other decockers... here is how it works, when you chamber a round and decock, the hammer only goes to half cock with a hammer block. There is no safety, so all you have to do is pull the trigger. this is different than other decockers I have. Just thought you should be aware.

Here are some photos:

picture.php

The P-01 is also very accurate.... most guns are but the shooter still needs to put the shot on target!!

picture.php

I would say the P-10 will probably be my daily carry for a long time.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I just purchased the P-01 about 2 months ago and it is now my every day carry. I am using the Bianchi IWB holster. All I need is a light shirt over the top of it and no one can tell I am carring. The P-01 is very reliable and I have shot everything from WWB to many different reloads and have not had 1 FTF or FTE.... like I said, very reliable. I use to hear talk about the plastic guide rod, but I dont see what the big deal is. They make a SS guide rod and I was thinking about getting one but I dont feel the need now that I have put about 400 to 500 rounds through it.

The decocker is a little different than other decockers... here is how it works, when you chamber a round and decock, the hammer only goes to half cock with a hammer block. There is no safety, so all you have to do is pull the trigger. this is different than other decockers I have. Just thought you should be aware.

Here are some photos:

picture.php

The P-01 is also very accurate.... most guns are but the shooter still needs to put the shot on target!!

picture.php

I would say the P-10 will probably be my daily carry for a long time.

I currently carry a FNP9, which is decocker only. So, that is defisntly not an issue. Thanks for the info. I really liked the models I owned previousaly.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I have owned both, and still own a P01 in addition to several other CZ 75 variants.

I loved the grip of the P07 but not the trigger guard. The guard is big and bulky and finding a holster for that gun will be a challenge.

The trigger guard has been a concern in my decesion making. I have handled one, and it did feel really good in my hands. I hated getting rid of the 75B I owned, because it was very reliable, and highly accurate. I just do not like carrying a gun that is manual safety only. That's why I'm considering the P01 or PO7, for the ability to decock the hammer. Thanks for the info.

xdmstu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Lower NE Indy
    I love my P-01.

I will also agree with dom1104 regarding the slide. With the slide fitting inside the frame rather than over makes for a narrow and short area to grab... definitely not one that can easily, or sloppily, "palm" like you might a Block or my XDm.

That being said, for my smallish hands it fits great and shoots even better. I personally like the standard rubber grips. Very comfortable and accurate out of the box. I use my P-01 at Friday Night Steel without issue against the many longer barrel production guns.

All that being said, I have only been able to handle a P-07 at the store. I am very interested in firing one. I would have the same "concerns" about finding non-custom conceal carry holsters, but it is what it is.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    I HAD a P-01!!

I had a P-01 in the OD green. It became my everyday carry. An 'Ole"guy in TX. traded me out of it.(for a Kimber TLE) I could not pass up that even-up trade.
    I later bought a stainless CZ-75B and like it-BUT-not as well as I liked the P-01..:dunno:
    I have located another green P-01, and am going to try to "Talk" another guy out of it?? Bill.:):

wwdkd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Valparaiso
    I own a CZ 75 P-01 and used to own a CZ 75 P-07. To me the P-01 is the perfect gun. It is accurate, compact, DA/SA, has a decocker, high capacity, the BEST ergonomics of any gun I own. The only con is the trigger shape. After a few hundred rounds it starts to rub my finger raw. That being said I wouldn't trust another gun more with my safety than the P-01.

Here's a picture of mine. It has night sights, crimson trace, and a competition hammer installed by CZ Custom shop which make the trigger pull absolutely amazing

IMG_0366-1.jpg

CZCustom.png

LEGENw84itDARY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    it really needs to be a feel thing, they are both great guns. Personally i've shot the p-01 and it does fit amazing in the hands. I understand what dom1104 was saying about the slide being "short" but it's just different not necessarily bad. It really is the perfect EDC reliable 9mm

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    it really needs to be a feel thing, they are both great guns. Personally i've shot the p-01 and it does fit amazing in the hands. I understand what dom1104 was saying about the slide being "short" but it's just different not necessarily bad. It really is the perfect EDC reliable 9mm

I fondled a P07 last year at Gander, but wound up getting a FNP9. No shops around here carry CZ's, so I have not had a chance to fondle the P01. The 75D PCR compact is also looking interesting. I'm going to price them soon. I hated to get rid of the 75B I had, because it was such a great handgun. I just do not like carrying a gun that is manual safety only.

xdmstu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Lower NE Indy
    Sounds like there needs to be a CZ gathering to range test some models... I'll be happy to show up with my P-01 should the timing be right.

The other option is the P-06 if you want a similar ergonomics, but in .40

dondavis3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    DFW area
    I love my CZ 75b compact

CZ75Compact2.jpg

I liked to so much that I ordered a CZ 85 Combat.

It was supposed to be delivered today

but it's stuck in the ice in Tennessee :ar15:

Come on FedEx :D

:cool:

Top Bottom