• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    So I'm sitting on the couch watching Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, and there is a scene where the photographer is mentioning motorcycle brands and he mentions CZ's. I of course go to Google to check it out and it is the same CZ we are all familiar with.

CZ-Falta-250.jpg

Anyone have one or ever rode one?

Also thought it would be interesting to see other instances of cross production such as this.

Last edited:

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    Back in the 60's I rode a Benelli street motorcycle. I'd bet dollars to donuts it's also the gun mfg. That bike was potent and handled great, but in true 60's motorcycle fashion, I spent much more time wrenching on it than riding it. I never owned one of the CZs shown, but did get a chance to ride one in the early 70's. It was state of the art off road at the time. It seemed very...shall we say... "challenging" to ride fast, and the brakes were no better than dragging your feet.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I thought everyone knew CZ made motorcycles... :dunno:

Bultaco, Husqvarna, Husaberg and CZ were the big 4 in the off rode game before Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, and Kawasaki were household names.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Nope. I know enough about motorcycles(fast) to know I don't trust myself with one.

I can help you change that misconception. ;)

Bikes are fun and perfectly safe and economical. Its all the idiot drivers on the rode you gotta keep your eyes out for.

The bike is only as fast as you make it go. The 2012 ZX-14R has over 200hp at the rear wheel but if you dont bottom out the go switch its a very managable commuter.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian

Bikes are fun and perfectly safe and economical. Its all the idiot drivers on the rode you gotta keep your eyes out for.

The bike is only as fast as you make it go. The 2012 ZX-14R has over 200hp at the rear wheel but if you dont bottom out the go switch its a very managable commuter.

I like fast a little too much. I would hope that I am not that much of an idiot but....

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I like fast a little too much. I would hope that I am not that much of an idiot but....

Fast is fun but best saved for track days. ;)

I doubt very much that you are an idiot.

I would say though that about 6 or 7 times out of 10 its not the biker that causes an accident when there is a bike and a car that hit each other. It usually has to do with the driver of the car not paying attention.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian

I would say though that about 6 or 7 times out of 10 its not the biker that causes an accident when there is a bike and a car that hit each other. It usually has to do with the driver of the car not paying attention.

My GF did say we should get one the other day.:D

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

I have no trouble believing that. When I used to ride, I had "close calls" from cagers all the time..

bman1903

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009

I've thought about getting a bike for years, but it's all the other drivers I don't trust, seems like every day I read about another motorcycle death, and almost all of them are because some idiot pulled out in front of them.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I've thought about getting a bike for years, but it's all the other drivers I don't trust, seems like every day I read about another motorcycle death, and almost all of them are because some idiot pulled out in front of them.

Had it happen to me. Pulled out in front of me out of a gas station, there was oil dry all over the road and the bike when out from under me when I hit the brakes. I slid past her, as she proceeded to yell at ME for almost hitting her. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom