• ...and so much more!
  • CZ 75 SP-01 vs CZ 75 P-01

• Total voters

kazaam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    Which should I get? I held the P-01 at the gun show and it was literally perfect. I went in wanting to also try the SP-01, but none were there. Do the SP-01 and P-01 have the exact same grip dimensions? Is the P-01 harder to modify (i know CZs that have decockers are considered harder to modify)? Will it feel any different than the P-01 (besides the extra weight)? I don't know what I should do!! Ahhhh!

This will be my first handgun.

P-01 felt amazing
    75B felt just alright (meh)
    So SP-01 will feel ???

Last edited:

cwillour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    Generally speaking, wait until you can feel them both if you can. Of course, I am normally not that patient myself, so consider the source.

What do you plan to do with the gun? Would the extra size of the SP-01 be an issue for your plans?

SubicWarrior1988

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    central
    Which should I get? I held the P-01 at the gun show and it was literally perfect. I went in wanting to also try the SP-01, but none were there. Does the SP-01 have the exact same grip width? Will it feel any different than the P-01 (besides the extra weight)? I don't know what I should do!! Ahhhh!

This will be my first handgun.

how much better can you get than perfect? :)

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    I've got both, but my P-01 has been at Cajungunworks this week getting an action job. The SP-01 is a heavy gun, the P-01 is a lighter version of it. I have large hands and can fit both just fine, I did take a 16-round full size magazine, put the SP-01 extended mag bases on them, and get a minor extension on the grips that way. But the stock magazines are fine.

kazaam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    Thanks! This is definitely a toughie. If you could (please!) do width measurements of the grips and/or take pictures of them from behind the grips (any additional ones are just icing :P) i would be forever grateful and give you reps (thats the extent of my power here, lol)!

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    Thanks! This is definitely a toughie. If you could (please!) do width measurements of the grips and/or take pictures of them from behind the grips (any additional ones are just icing :P) i would be forever grateful and give you reps (thats the extent of my power here, lol)!

Where you located at?

kazaam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    I'm right near Indianapolis! Where are you guys located? I assume you're talking about MCFG? That definitely sounds like fun. Knowing me something will come up and I won't be able to make it so I'm not gonna set any plans until I'm sure...but by then, i'll probably have already ordered the gun. :P I *think* i'm gonna go with the SP-01 since it comes with night sights...i thought the P-01 did as well but I was mistaken. In addition, I have heard it is easier to upgrade CZs with safeties than it is ones with decockers.

I really do want a full size handgun just because it seems cool for a first gun, though! :dunno: It's just...i wonder if the SP-01 will fill as freakin incredible as the P-01. Gotta see if i can find grip width measurements since i really love the feel of the stock rubber grips and i dont want to spend any more money lol.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    I'm near Mooresville and hit up MCFG all the time. My dad is in town this coming week so we should be going there either Thursday afternoon or Friday morning depending upon weather and the berm schedule at MCFG.

I'm not a huge fan of the stock CZ sights, in fact I just had CGW install FO front sights along with his tactical rear sights. I have red FO front sights on both my other CZ's and love them.

It is easier and you have more options with a safety vs. a decocker. I already have two CZ's with safeties and amazing triggers, I just wanted a good solid carry gun so went with the P-01 for this one.

I like the rubber grips a lot, they are thicker than either VZ's or aluminum grips but feel really good. I'm keeping the rubber grips on my P-01.

kazaam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    ARGH was about to order but I'm nervous the SP-01 will feel more like the 75B which I didnt like than the P-01 which i did like (loved). klajflkajfklaf

Last edited:
    Top Bottom