• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • karodger

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Northside Indy/Lafayette
    I'm looking for a 40S&W and found a CZ 75 Compact in a gun shop in Delphi a few months ago. Now that I'm looking more seriously into buying one I was wondering if anyone has one? What are your impressions?

Anyone else have any other ideas for a 40? I've also been looking at XD's. I'm plenty familiar with Glock's. Looking for information on other guns :)

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    I was thinking P-06, but I believe I would like the safety better than the decocker. I need to call KS&E, they said they could order it without much trouble. If anyone has one just laying around that they want to get rid of though...

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Ive got a cz75 compact with a decocker. (actually a cz75 D pcr compact).

For me its the perfect size compact. I get my entire hand on the grip with out pinky extensions, and the grip is "just right". Nice weight to the gun, all metal, and an accurate shooter.

basically, it just feels right!

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    Ive got a cz75 compact with a decocker. (actually a cz75 D pcr compact).

For me its the perfect size compact. I get my entire hand on the grip with out pinky extensions, and the grip is "just right". Nice weight to the gun, all metal, and an accurate shooter.

basically, it just feels right!

Ditto to this on the CZ...

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I'm looking for a 40S&W and found a CZ 75 Compact in a gun shop in Delphi a few months ago. Now that I'm looking more seriously into buying one I was wondering if anyone has one? What are your impressions?

I have several. Do you know which model you looked at?

The "C" is a compact version, all steel, its just a small version of the 75-B.
    The "D" is a decocker compact version, lightweight alloy.
    The "P-01" is similar to the D but with an accessory rail.

I've got/had all 3 and consider the CZ75 (in any variant) to be the best of the non-1911 designs. The Browning HP, if it was a DA, would aspire to be a CZ75. Grip, controls, point angle is virtually the same as a HP, which is virtually the same as the 1911. Great guns. Mine are/were all 9mm. While I carry a 1911 most of the time, my house guns are CZ75 pistols.

karodger

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Northside Indy/Lafayette
    It was several months ago but I believe it was right at $600.

This is exactly what I looked at

main291_png_637x200_q85.png

tatters

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Columbia City
    We've created a monster in the CZ line....

They used to be a well kept secret, priced accordingly. Now the price has caught up to the quality.

CZ..... hard to go wrong with one.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I think I'd try a RAMI if I found a nice one. Those might be too small for my hands, but I'd like to see.

I don't think I've met anyone who has ever held and pointed a CZ 75 to react negatively. Usually it makes them want one.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus

Anyone else have any other ideas for a 40? I've also been looking at XD's. I'm plenty familiar with Glock's. Looking for information on other guns :)

I did at one time own a 75B fullsize. It is one of the most accurate, and wel made guns out there. Could be a bit of a pain at first to break down. No decocker, not on the model I owned. That was what turned me off, and I traded it. That, and the price continues to go up. You said Xd, how about m&p or FN?

sixgun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2009

If you like the CZ's look at the clones too.I carry the baby eagle and own a EAA witness.All three brands are great.They all have the CZ feel that we love.

stoyan79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    Can't go wrong with a CZ. Definitely the best guns out there. I bought all mine with decockers, I don't like safeties on my carry/defense pistols. I believe a true combat pistol should have decocker instead of safety, but thats just me.

My top choice in the CZ line is the P-01.

ivory_needlewood_03.jpg

Sweetums

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lake County
    I would highly recommend a CZ 2075 RAMI in 40. It is an AWESOME weapon. I also have a P-01, and would like to get the P-06 someday. All of my CZ's are wonderful. I will post pics in a minute or two...

The RAMI is right about the same size as a Glock 26/27. I had to experiment with different ammo quite a but on it. It seemed that it had a long break in period (I bought it used, appeared to be unfired). It took it awhile before it would digest hollow points. It seems to favor the heavier (180 gr.) bullets. I really like running Winchester Supreme SXT Hollow Points through it. Some rounds really gave the gun quite a bite (heavy recoil), and some didn't.

Last edited:

Sweetums

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lake County
    I apologize up front...they are cell phone pics...

My CZ Family...

4079091818_8e4af246bb_o.jpg

Below, is my .40 RAMI, factory magazine, with a slightly modified Pierce Grip Extension (for an XD). This is how I carry it all the time....

4079083618_10b38ae209_b.jpg

With the factory base plate on the magazine...

4078327271_00cfac1f43_b.jpg

Note in the first picture, that the RAMI base plate is residing on the CZ40B magazine. Here is the other factory magazine, with the factory base plate.

4078327571_4ace099bd8_b.jpg

Sweetums

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lake County
    Also...in regards to the P-01/P-06...

CZ-USA -> CZ P-01 gets NATO approval. The next Generation of perfect pistols

February 2003

The P-01 is now a NATO classified pistol and issued the NATO stock number NSN 1005-16-000-8619.

The CZ P-01 is the culmination of several years of exhaustive design and testing. Ceska Zbrojovka has always had some of the most rigorous testing requirements in the world but, the Czech National police has required that they go even further, the testing regiment for this new pistol was the most demanding anyone has ever encountered. There are almost 20 specific requirements covering everything from accuracy to interchangability, from safety to reliability/durability and everything in between.

The pistol: The CZ P-01 is a Gen 3 pistol that began as a requirement for a lightweight compact pistol that will deliver the accuracy and durability of a full size, full weight pistol. This was no small task, several manufacturers declined to even start the project.

The first thing you notice about this pistol is the M3 light rail on the frame, a first for CZ, the alloy frame is a little wider at the top than a steel CZ 75. This adds strength and rigidity for mounting the light and increasing the accuracy and service life of the pistol. The P-01 also sports enhanced controls as well as a drop free magazine and a lanyard loop.

The pistol was required to pass a wide variety of tests:

The police required that the pistol ensure the highest level of comfort, an extended slide release was added as well as an extended magazine release and the trigger was reshaped to give a more consistent pull throughout the trigger stroke.

The pistol must be 100% reliable in extreme conditions, the following is a list of some of the minimum requirements.

Must be able to complete the following without failure:

4000 dry firings
    3000 De-cockings
    Operator level disassembly 1350 times with out ware or damage to components.
    Complete disassembly 150 times, this is all the way down, pins, springs etc.
    100% interchangability, any number of pistols randomly selected, disassembled, parts mixed and reassembled with no failures of any kind including loss of accuracy.

Safety requirements:

Drop test
    1.5 meter (4.9”) drop test, this is done 54 times with the pistol loaded (blank) and the hammer cocked. Dropping the pistol on the butt, the muzzle, back of the slide, sides of the gun, top of the slide, in essence, any angle that you could drop the gun from. This is done on concrete and 0 failures are allowed! A failure is the gun firing.

3meter drop (9.8”) 5 times with the pistol loaded (blank) and the hammer cocked, This is done on concrete and 0 failures are allowed! A failure is the gun firing.

After these tests are complete the gun must fire without service.

The factory contracted an independent lab to do additional testing on guns that previously passed the drop tests. These pistol were dropped an additional 352 times without failure.

The pistol must also complete an environmental conditions test:
    This means cold, heat, dust/sand and mud.
    The pistol must fire after being frozen for 24 hours at –35C (-36F).
    The pistol must fire after being heated for 24 hours at 70C (126F)
    The pistol must fire after being submerged in mud, sand and combinations including being stripped of oil then completing the sand and mud tests again.

Service life:
    The service life requirement from the Czech police was 15,000 rounds of +P ammo!
    The pistol will exceed 30,000 rounds with ball 9mm.

Reliability:
    The reliability requirements for the P-01 pistol are 99.8%, that’s a .2% failure rate.
    This equals 20 stoppages in 10,000 rounds or 500 “Mean Rounds Between Failure” (MRBF)
    During testing, the average number of stoppages was only 7 per 15,000 rounds fired, this is a .05% failure rate, a MRBF rate of 2142 rounds! Over 4 time the minimum acceptable requirement.
    The U.S. Army MRBF requirement is 495 rounds for 9mm pistols with 115 grain Ball ammunition.

Heritage:
    The P-01 is based on the CZ 75, the most used pistol in the world. Over 60 countries use it as the standard side arm of their Armies, National police forces, National security agencies or other Law enforcement organizations. No other pistol can make this claim.

Top Bottom