• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kazaam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    Good first gun? Anything I should know before I pick this up? I really wanted a stainless one but they're a bit more than I want to pay and impossible to find.

I've heard only good things about this gun. If you want to suggest anything else in the same price range ($500ish) that's a full sized 9mm i'd be grateful!

Thanks!

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You'll most likely like it very much. Everyone has different wants/needs in a favorite anything.

But the CZ75 usually wins over most people that grip one in a shop or show.

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    The CZ75B triggers take a little while to break in (they get a bit smoother after some dry firing), but I think it'd make a great first gun.

-9mm is reasonably cheap to practice with
    -weight of the CZ75 makes recoil very manageable, sights are easy to track
    -ergonomics are very good
    -the "B" has the firing pin block, which would be welcome on a first gun (or any carry gun)
    -they are really fun to shoot!

kazaam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    You'll most likely like it very much. Everyone has different wants/needs in a favorite anything.

But the CZ75 usually wins over most people that grip one in a shop or show.

It did have a pretty nice feel to it. I just gripped it one handed, but in retrospect should've probably done two handed because i'd never (seriously) shoot one handed. Seemed like the handle was maybe a bit thicker and a tad longer than i'd like, but that was just one handed. Definitely not bad, but some guns were better.

Wonder if I should get a rubber grip vs plastic. Rubber grips seemed...dirty, or something, when I looked at guns that had a rubber grip at the show.

pokersamurai

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    The CZ-75b is a great first gun. As a matter of fact, it was my first gun and to this day is my favorite handgun I own. I liked it so much i sent it to the CZ custom shop and had them to work their magic on it, and now it has completely spoiled me. The trigger pull is so good it make my Sigs look like a joke. :D

DSCF4416.jpg

kazaam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    I wish I could afford to get one completely decked out at CZ custom. Not that it matters, nothing is in stock! This gun is almost no where to be found, lol. I wanted stainless, but i don't have the time to go search for it. Poker, that looks really nice with those grips.

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Great shooters. I have two, one in black and another in matte stainless. Looong trigger pull on DA. For cocked and locked carry, I have a bit of time flicking the thumb safety off-it's set forward a little more than that on on a 1911.

I put a thin composite grip on the black one, which makes it easier for my small hands to operate. I like the feel of the rubber grip, which is on the matte stainless.

I love the way the gun feels and shoots, but I haven't made up my mind as to how it will work out for cc. I've practiced with the thumb safety, but my wrist at the base of my thumb hurts like the dickens after awhile

Fun to shoot, though. I got the .22 conversion kit as well, and that's a lot of fun. I'm a big fan of the CZ75B's.

Last edited:

kazaam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    I have a warning. You are about to drink the Kool Aid! It tastes very good but you'll be addicted. Us CZers are proliferating at an alarming rate. I'm meeting more and more all the time. I'll add you to the list.

I only have 3 of them though. That's not too bad...yet.

Ha! :D

Ugh...I'm too poor to get into this hobby. :( I can't wait until I'm officially part of the club, though! First thing besides the great reviews of the CZ I noticed is how sweet it looks. I think I can talk my sister into giving me some money for a stainless haha. ;)

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I wish I could afford to get one completely decked out at CZ custom. Not that it matters, nothing is in stock! This gun is almost no where to be found, lol. I wanted stainless, but i don't have the time to go search for it. Poker, that looks really nice with those grips.

You think the 75B is scarce, try finding an 85 Combat in two tone!

Took me months to find this one:
    IMG_0822.jpg

Oldbird13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    Hamilton County,IN
    I own a 75BD, which is on "loan" to my nephew-in-law? so he and his wife can take class . I also shoot a Beretta M9 which I like a little better (almost the same gun as 92) but it really is the feel in my hand for my Beretta preference. Check out CTD on the Beretta if you can hold one somewhere and you like the feel. It's a great gun, just like the CZ.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    I've put 218 rnds thru my CZ 75 BD. The only other pistol I've shot as much was an S&W M&P 9mm. Another sweet pistol. Talk about hand feel. The rubber grip on the S&W felt great the first time I picked it up at PSS. It was part polymer and I wanted a steel gun and the Cz fit the bill. I was gonna put Hogue fingered rubber grips on it but resisted. I'm glad I did. I like the feel of the stock grips. Not into looks other than the stock pistol looks great. Being a noob my opinions are premature, but the gun shot well, the trigger was smooth, the DA (first rnd) is more of a safety device than a good shooting option. You can make all rnds SA (soft pull) by cocking the hammer after putting in the mag. This is obvious to more experienced users. I think you made a good (consumer reports best buy) choice. If you love things that go BOOOOOM! You'll love this pistol. White man bring thunder stick. All kneel b4 him..........

p.s. I may try the rubber grips in the store so I can return them if need be. But low on my list.

Top Bottom