• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Are you dead set on a CZ ?
    I bought my son a Browning Abolt micro 7-8 years ago and I was amazed how well it shoots. Its a little more money and you will have to seek and find one. But I can say I have been impressed with it. It has not been in the catalog for a year or so but I am sure one can be found. Hornets can be a devil of a cartridge to make shoot well as I'm sure you already know. Another way to look is a used Kimber or Anchutz. Fun cartridge to shoot, I have the A bolt and a Browning 1885 in hornet.. The A bolt is a winner, the 1885 ahhh not so much.
    Good Luck.

yogiboobooranger

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.1%
    53   1   0
    May 16, 2008
    La Porte
    I have a Savage model 40 that I had chambered for the K-Hornet. All brass is fire formed and the rifle is very accurate. I load all my own ammo. The rifle is topped off with a Simmons Aztec 2.8-10X44 rifle scope. It shoots sub 1 inch groups, 5 shots, at 100 yards if I do my part and there is no wind. I have taken vermin at nearly 200 yards with it. Though I have not shot it or hunted with it for quite some time. The CZ is a great rifle but is twice the money. You will not go wrong with a Savage and the wonderful accu trigger. NOTE: the rifle was fairly accurate with standard 22 hornet. It would do 5 shots in a quarter sized hole with ease.The K Hornet adds a shoulder to the round which aids in headspacing which gives a more consistent result. The round is just plain fun to shoot and to play with. Good Luck. I would sell my rifle with scope, some brass and other loading supplies to you if interested.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom