• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    If so, tell me what you think.... how rigid is the factory stock, how smooth is the action.... what kind of groups at what distance can you get, what ammo does yours like? Really looking hard at one of these, selling the G17L to spring for one.... let me know how you like yours.....
    CZ452Varmint22LR-b.jpg

Richard

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My CZ-452 American is one of my favorite rifles, mine really likes Federal's Gold Medal target ammunition, I normally only shoot it 100 yards, I have other .22's that are more challenging for shorter ranges & other better caliber choices for longer ones.

They are a nice quality rifle for (at least when I bought mine) very little dough.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    5.jpg

I like mine! Bought it used. Previous owner had dura-coated the bbl/receiver. It's also had a trigger job. (you breathe on that thing and it'll fire!) It's a Varmint in .22lr.

In MY experience with MY rifle...it seems that the bolt wants to bind up a bit if you're putting any kind of vertical pressure on the handle as you bring it rearward. Straight back and forward...no problem.

I've not tested it at 100 yards, but I can get "ok" groups at 50 with sub-standard bulk ammo. Sometimes. :)

The rifle is a better shooter than I am, that's for sure.

I'd also like to invest in a better scope... The one on it when I bought it is a BSA Sweet 22. Many folks will rag on BSA all day long and twice on Sunday... But of their rimfire marketed stuff, the "sweet" series of their scopes are their better ones.

If you'd like, you're welcome to shoot mine.

Hghlndr

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Kosciusko County
    I have a 452 varmint in .17 mach2. I absolutely love it. the action was a little stiif when I first got it, but now it is smooth as butter. I don't think you can find a better rimfire rifle.

standeford

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Their actions are notoriously rough and can bind a bit until well broken in. That and the safety working opposite the direction it should (and being stiff) are my only complaints about the ones I've had.

The American stock in your pic is plenty solid for 22. Unless you want to build a trainer to match a centerfire you'll likely not need to change it out. I have one free floated and never noticed enough flex to contact the barrel even with a bipod (loaded as much as a 22s bipod needs to be loaded). Can't say CZ's Lux/Trainer stock would fare as well though.

Every one I've seen as been very accurate. The one I have set up for long range will hit 2" bulls at 100 yards with WMT regularly and some of that is from my difficulty doping wind with 22.

Last edited:

knobcreeknut

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 18, 2008
    shelbyville
    I have a 452 american with the factory threaded barrel as a host for my tactical innovations stratus suppressor. Action is a liitle rough. trigger breaks clean, but is a little heavy for my taste. I wish they had put the adjustable trigger on this model. the furthest I have tested it so far is 50 yds. shoots on ragged hole with remington subsonic. federal bulk shoots well when you take out the occasional flier. I have smoked starlings at what i am sure is more than 50, but I never measured out the hits. for the money it is a very good rifle. If you get the threded version, be aware that it comes with 1/2-20 threads and will require a thread adapter for standard 1/2-28 theaded cans.

andyrping

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Greensburg, Pennsylvania
    My dad got a 452 trainer about 15-17 years ago and it has been one hell of a rifle. With cheap ammo it would shoot near one hole groups. Gun has taken a heap load of squirrels and is still pluckin them down from the branches every season.

schoolmaster

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2009
    I have 4 CZs and all are very good shooters. My only complaint is with the triggers but I am particular about how thay are set up. I used Brooks trigger kits on mine and got the pull I wanted. I put Bushnell 4x12 variables on all of them and the 12 power really helps to shoot good groups.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    My wife bought me a 452 LUX the first year we were dating. About 7 or 8 years ago. I didn't realize until just now that these things are worth that much more than then. She paid $179 I believe out the door for the .22.

That being said, I have put less than 50 rounds down the pipe over the years. I have recently dusted it off and plan to see how for out I can stretch it's range. I bought a brick of Wolf Match to play with. I am also looking for an appropriate scope to mount on her, but I am not sure I want to loose any functionality of the tangent sights.

You are free to shoot her if you want.

*EDIT* I just noticed how old the thread is, lol.

mdroz3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2009
    Walkerton
    I just bought a cz 452 zkm with a 29" barrel. I have only shot it once at 100 yards. I have a weaver 3x9 scope on it. with federal gold match ammo you cold cover 5 shot groups with a dime(i did it) i think i can do better once i get more familer with the rifle.

my dad has a 452,, not sure of the exact model,, but his also liked the federal gold match ammo.
    He did a trigger job on his. The kit he got was a spring and tube kit by Eric Brooks.
    the kit comes with 4 springs and shims. Useing the various springs you can have anywhere from a .75lb pull - 2.5lb pull. most factory guns are set at 3.5lb-4lb pull. It also eliminated any creep he had in the trigger.
    He paid $15 for the kit by
    Eric Brooks
    PO Box 413
    Oneonta, NY 13820-0413
    ebrooks77@hotmail.com

I plan on installing the 1.5lb spring in my rifle.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    i still gotta even find the rifle i am looking for before i can look at the trigger.... those springs kits sell on gunbroker for 15 bucks all day long

Top Bottom