• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I picked up a CZ 2075 Rami last week to use as a summer carry gun. So far, I've put around 140 rounds through it and find it to be a nice shooter. A CZ 2075 Rami is an aluminum frame/steel slide pistol that holds either 10 or 14 rounds in the included mags. It has a thumb safety that only engages when the hammer is back, but is a DA/SA gun. The Rami is kind of an odd pistol for CZ. It uses the standard CZ 75 style fire control group and has almost complete parts interchangability with the CZ 75 for internal components. But, outwardly, it looks more like a smaller CZ 40B than it does the 75. In fact, the gun really looks like the child of a 1911 and CZ 97B that spent a winter in the safe together.

IMAG1233-1.jpg

The gun weighs about 25oz empty, which puts it at about the exact size and weight of a Kimber Ultra Carry when loaded with the 14 round magazine. The gun is supposed to come with two magazines, but are often found with three in the box. I was lucky and my gun came with one short 10 round magazine (pictured) as well as two 14 round extended magazines. It will also fit higher capacity MecGar mags such as the 16 and 17 round mags. It does come with an adjustable sight, which seems like an odd choice for a gun designed around CC use. The slide release and safety are shaved, but there is this big sight sitting up top. Odd choice there.

It's kind of a chunky little gun. It does not fit standard CZ holsters well due to the wide frame and slide, but mainly due to the wide trigger guard. It feels different than the CZ 75 does in the hand, but it still feels really nice. Recoil is a bit snappier than an all steel gun. It really is rather mild though, when compared to a 380 or Keltec PF9.

I have found that this gun absolutely does not like the lead 125g 9mm reloads that work well in my other CZs. The bullet profile contacts the rifling and refuses to chamber. It functioned well with WWB ammo, but was no overly accurate. It does seem to work very well with Speer Gold Dot 124g SD ammo as well as with the Hornady Critical Defense 9mm ammo. The Hornady CD ammo was the most accurate of the bunch and felt better than the Speer did in terms of recoil. I was grouping at around 4 inches offhand at 10 yards but I think the gun can do better than that. I was wearing bifocals at the time and that always makes shooting more difficult for me.

Overall, I think this is a really well built little gun. It's quite versatile in that it can be carried with the small 10 round magazine, the included 14 round or even the 17 round magazines. It seems to be accurate and should have that famous CZ reliability. The main thing it has going against it in terms of CC is the width. It's not a thin gun, but it does pack a lot into a small footprint otherwise.

Last edited:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I assume this is the polymer one? I would be surprised if the steel gun had that much perceived recoil. Thanks for the interesting post. Have been cosidering a steel one of these in .40. I decided I would look around for a used compact .40.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I was seriously considering finding a .40 to replace my EDC Compact 9mm. But after some soul searching and a lot of range time with the compact I decided that I will probably never have a carry gun more comfortable for me to shoot and as accurate as I am with the compact 9. I just love it to death. Now I have to try to cut down some Hogue finger grooves to give me a bit better purchase.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I picked up a CZ 2075 Rami last week to use as a summer carry gun.

Did you get that one from us? We had one come through last week, but I didn't get a look at it. The adjustable sight is a surprise; I don't recall seeing that on prior 2075s we've had in.

Here are a few cool custom Ramis from CZ's website:

f83a58374557e0c9199fdc7bceb27822.png

f6f749482328b3da8ee6aed609b3b13e.png

1ee9b1edba8334ca5aada0dfd2d61554.png

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    This gun is definitely big for pocket carry unless you are wearing large cargo pants. Right now, I'm carrying it around the house in an OWB holster and I have to feel to make sure it's still there. I usually carry a CZ Compact and that gun can be felt while carrying, but is comfortable with a good holster and belt. The Rami seems to carry well with a cheaper (Tagua) holster on a good belt. My intent is to carry IWB in the summer months though.

This is the one that came through Bradis last week. Thank you for ordering it, as I would not have bought it had you not offered to check availability. I had assumed they were tough to find, so was not really thinking about ordering one until you offered.

The sights were a surprise to me as well. CZ does not offer adjustable sights per their website. Fixed is all they show, so how this one ended up with the adjustable sights is anybody's guess. I was also surprised to see three mags with it, but in reading other posts, that is not uncommon. My guess on that is that there is someone new in CZ shipping that was told 'Pack two mags in each box. A 14 round and a 10 round mag', but heard 'Pack 2 14 round mags and a 10 round mag'. Either way, it works for me.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    The sights were a surprise to me as well. CZ does not offer adjustable sights per their website. Fixed is all they show, so how this one ended up with the adjustable sights is anybody's guess.

Interestingly, the custom gun pic in the 2nd pic also has them. Could be they ran out of fixed sights temporarily and were putting on adjustables b/c that's what they had, or it could be a spec change (seems odd for a subcompact, though). Would be interesting to wait a few months and order another and see how it comes in.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    My alloy RAMI came with the LPA adjustable rear sight also (arrived last Oct.). I've seen 2 others in different shops with the same adj rear sight. Both alloy framed.

A guy up north had a poly framed Rami for sale on ARMSlist last year and it too had the LPA adjustable rear.

CZ's 2012 catalogue shows a fixed rear sight on all models. What gives? Who knows...

The LPA rear sight is definitely a poor choice for a gun that works so well for an IWB carry. But other than that, I'm in love with the little RAMI.

I tried to have a gunsmith swap out rear sights from my 75B to the 2075 - but he said they were different sized dovetails. Harrumph.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I might try to see what the cost of a set of Rami BD night sights would be. I just know I'm going to take a chunk out of a door frame with that sharp sight poking that far out. Hopefully, if that happens, it will be my door frame instead of making me repair someone else's. I don't think that would be a problem with an IWB holster though, and might not with a good OWB holster. As mentioned above, my current holster is on the cheaper side of things and does not keep the gun as tightly tucked in as a good holster does.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    My BD did come with the Tru Dot night sights, and they're nice. I'm looking for good leather for it right now. I'll post more on the gun and holster I choose later.

EDIT: But I only got two mags ;)

Last edited:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    My BD did come with the Tru Dot night sights, and they're nice. I'm looking for good leather for it right now. I'll post more on the gun and holster I choose later.

EDIT: But I only got two mags ;)

For an OWB try El Paso Saddlery. I bought one for my 97 and it is awesome.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I need to find out what the sight specs are for the Rami. The front is sure not a standard longitudinal dovetail, so the back may be different as well. The sights will probably be the first thing I modify on the gun, but the only other thing might be the grips. The gun would sure look good with a nice set of cocobolo grips in a satin finish.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    I had a 2075 in 40. That thing did nothing but jam on me. I had 4 FTE in shooting only 2 mags. I was less then happy so I got rid of it. Now my P-01 is a different story. Simply superb! :)

Top Bottom