• ...and so much more!
  • BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Cyber Suspect: Woman Wanted "Rape Fantasy"

Wyo. Man Charged with Carrying Out Craigslist-Arranged Rape Pleads Not Guilty; Victim's Ex Posted Ad without Her Knowledge

• (CBS/AP)

(AP) A Wyoming man charged with carrying out an Internet-arranged rape has pleaded not guilty to five felonies.

Prosecutors say 26-year-old Ty Oliver McDowell forced his way into a woman's Casper home in December, tied her hands and raped her at knifepoint. Investigators say McDowell told them he was responding to an online Craigslist ad and believed the woman wanted to play out a "rape fantasy."

Prosecutors say the woman's former boyfriend, 27-year-old Jebidiah James Stipe of Twentynine Palms, Calif., posted the ad without her knowledge to set her up for the attack. Stipe is charged with conspiracy to commit sexual assault.

Both men face life in prison if convicted.

Wow.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    There men and women into such things, which makes me feel a certain sympathy for the defendant. Yes, you are supposed to stop when she's hollerying "no no," but if they were playing out a rape fantasy that's what she'd be hollering anyway.

Which makes him a moron for doing this with someone he didn't know. But I don't know if I'd vote for guilty if I were on the jury. OTOH, the woman was flat out raped, and she doesn't care about the fact that he's a moron, nor will it help her recover. Which would make me tend toward voting guilty.

Be interesting to see the verdict. I'm certain the "boyfriend" is toast, as he should be, but I'm not at all certain how the case against this genius will play out.

billyboyr6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    greenfield
    give them all the chair. thats wrong no matter how you look at it. no means no, no matter how you look at it. im sure she wasnt saying no in a sweet suductive kind of way. if his story is true than he should have wanted to stop and see why this chick is tring so hard to get away, because this is what she wanted. if he could not tell a difference between fantacy and reality, than he is just as crazy and guilty as the boyfriend. i say lock them up and let sombody take advantage of them and see how they like it.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    There men and women into such things, which makes me feel a certain sympathy for the defendant. Yes, you are supposed to stop when she's hollerying "no no," but if they were playing out a rape fantasy that's what she'd be hollering anyway.

Which makes him a moron for doing this with someone he didn't know.

This. Some things require a great deal of trust. "Weird" sex of any kind is one such thing. I'd say that's self-evident enough to just go ahead and convict.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Weird... Saw this on a Law and Order re-run over the weekend. Exact same story. On the show, I think the "rapist" got a lighter than normal sentence, as he was set up. The ex that arranged the whole thing got the book thrown at him.

What ever happened to cruising for chicks? Jeez....

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    892cap012.jpg

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Thinking about this just a bit more, I've lost my sympathy for the dude. He had a responsibility to make sure everybody wanted to play, and he didn't do that. His failure doesn't excuse what that woman went through.

rtrouten

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Just goes to show how screwed up this world is....and I agree with Eldirector, I remember spending all day thursday cleaning the car for the weekend!!! I am only 34, but saying that makes me feel 80

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Thinking about this just a bit more, I've lost my sympathy for the dude. He had a responsibility to make sure everybody wanted to play, and he didn't do that. His failure doesn't excuse what that woman went through.

Absolutely. If you're going to engage in this kind of behavior, there are very serious responsibilities. His behavior doesn't even come close.

There was a guy in New York who spent three years in prison because he played out a pre-planned scenario with a woman he had been corresponding with over the internet for months. They got together and did what they planned to do, then she pressed charges. The judge interepreted NY's rape laws in such a way that none of their previous correspondence was allowed in front of the jury. The guy finally got released on appeal.

Very dangerous kind of sex. Should be left to the experts.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield

Exactly!

Would rep, but need to spread it around!

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    The guys a moron, he took a big risk and lost.
    They should check him for prior unsolved rapes, seems like he had his own little fantasy going too.

Heres a link to the whole story, really weird, pics of the two idiots too, not the first ad this guy placed either.

Details emerge in Web rape case

Last edited:
    Top Bottom