• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KevinJ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    I was at a range 19 Jan attempting to shrink my groups to a more respectable size when, after a shot, the slide locked back. Hmmm, this should not happen. Put it back into battery, fired and again, locked back. something other than a glance showed that 1) the thumb safety on the left hand side (.45 FS RIA) had broken and 2) the contents of the plunger tube - slide lock plunger, spring, and thumb safety plunger - had departed for parts unknown. I called RIA in Nevada and the lady said all the guys were at SHOT. I called back on 29 Jan. Today I received all the missing parts. 2 day service, no charge. Good customer service.

Fergy35

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NE Corner of our gre
    I am always glad to hear stories like this. Too often customer service is lacking the "service" part. I hope you have good luck with it after you get it back together.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    RIA's customer service has been known to take care of their customers. If you call them, they usually will even send you a packaging slip so you don't have to pay to send them your firearm. This is all from what I hear though, as I have never had a need to send mine in. I'm glad to see they took care of your situation in a very timely manner!

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    RIA's customer service has been known to take care of their customers. If you call them, they usually will even send you a packaging slip so you don't have to pay to send them your firearm. This is all from what I hear though, as I have never had a need to send mine in. I'm glad to see they took care of your situation in a very timely manner!

Yeah RIA CS is awesome. They seem to hand out replacement small parts like candy. I got a new recoil spring once, because I posted on a message board and said mine seemed a little weak. Buddy got a new grip screw once, they never even ask for a serial number or anything.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    Yeah RIA CS is awesome. They seem to hand out replacement small parts like candy. I got a new recoil spring once, because I posted on a message board and said mine seemed a little weak. Buddy got a new grip screw once, they never even ask for a serial number or anything.

That's the same tune as all the stories I've heard about their customer service. They don't ask for serial number, warranty card, or even if you're the first owner or one-hundredth.

wizardfitz

Expert
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    franklin,in
    Fantastic customer service. My wife got the am200(4" 38 special).. Put in the the safe about 2 months then finally got it out to shoot and noticed a small discoloration. sent it in via prepaid label, got back a brand new one, dvd, some pins and patches, and challenge coin.

Vaquero11

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Indy
    They are great. I had to send a 1911 back to them due to frequent FTF/FTE problems. When I got it back it ran smooth as butter.

Tomfoolery

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Auburn IN
    I keep saying it. RIA is a good company. They make a fine gun that is affordable and their service is bar none.

This further validates that opinion. Keep your $1,200 Colts and **** poor customer service. I'll ride the Rock Island Line.

Top Bottom