David Rose

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 11, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    SOLD $450

$475 NEI

Target rifle built on a .223 Remington 700 action. 26" McGowen barrel 1/10 twist used in competition out to 600 yards with 69gr bullets (Harry McGowen started his barrel making business in 1959 (Thanks Jim). Built in the early 80's by Jack Simison (spelling?). Great for target shooting or varmint hunting. Includes Tasco 8-32 power scope. Round count approximately 8-9K rounds. Weight: 13 pounds 1 ounce with scope.

Please PM with any questions. As questions are being asked I will update the description .

241039v.jpg

Last edited:

David Rose

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 11, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Took the rifle out today and shoot 2, 5 round groups (10 shots total). Blackhills remanufactured 55gr FMJ
    2cf9ouh.jpg

and 52gr JHP reloads I got with the rifle almost 20 years ago.
    14o7ep.jpg

I make no claims of being a precision marksmen, in fact as usual I left the range feeling like I let the rifle down. The purpose of the exercise was just to demonstrate the potential of the gun. This is not a best of, this is 100% of the rounds fired at a measured distance of 100 yards.

David Rose

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 11, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I know it was built to use with stripper clips. I'm not sure how that works, it's had the scope on it as long as I've owned it. It was used in matches where loading from stripper clips was required.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom