Custom Kydex Solutions did great on a new holster for me.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I just had this holster made for my Taurus 608 with 6.5" barrel. I've been looking for a nice holster for it for quite some time with little luck. I was really wanting something drop down from the hip to make it easier to draw with that long of a barrel. I told Grunt Soldier of Custom Kydex Solutions what I was looking for and we came up with a few ideas. I then talked to his brother Dtrap about it and met him to leave my gun with him so he could make the holster. He said it would be 5-7 days, which was fine with me cause I'm down in Indy almost every weekend now. When I met him to pick it up and pay, I could hardly believe my eyes. He not only got it low enough to nicely draw comfortably, but did it in a way that I could wear it sitting down so that it would ride comfortably driving!

I've been wearing the rig quite a bit lately and it is really comfortable, secures the gun very well and is pretty easy to draw from quickly with practice. Now I almost feel like a more modern cowboy. :): So enough talk and on to pictures.

IMG_20120204_221538.jpg

IMG_20120204_221650.jpg

IMG_20120204_221706.jpg

IMG_20120204_211425.jpg

IMG_20120204_213004.jpg

Overall I'm very happy with their service, ingenuity, and of course the quality of the product. I feel confident that this rig will last me a long time, and serve me well wearing it out and about in the woods or wherever I decide to wear it. Now that search for a leather cowboy rig can slow down for a later time. :):

Last edited:

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    The way that depression conforms to the trigger itself makes me a little nervous... other than that, not bad at all eh?

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    Glad we could make it happen for you sir and glad to see your happy with it. And no worries on the trigger as the trigger guard is as deep as the gun can go, no chance of the trigger being pushed back enough to do anything.

Klondregan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2013
    Taurus holater

That holster is just what I am looking for to hold my Taurus 608. Does grunt still make them? If so, how can I contact him for info on one?

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    That holster is just what I am looking for to hold my Taurus 608. Does grunt still make them? If so, how can I contact him for info on one?

Welcome to INGunOwners.com.

The classifieds section(including purchasing from our Site Advertisers) is an added benefit for participating members, whether by becoming a site supporter or through active quality participation.

If you wish to participate in the classifieds, you must either have 50 quality posts or become a site supporter. If there is just something you have to have in the classifieds and can't wait, here's the information on how to become a site supporter. https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/site_s..._are_here.html

INGO Staff

Top Bottom