• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EastIndyGunner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Greeting good ingo people! So I usually make the local Wally World rounds once a week. I know most o the ammo counter folks by name and I enjoy chatting with other shoppers that are usually just looking for .22. I always ask what other shoppers are looking for and happily share stock info from the other stores I've been to. I was happy to learn last week that Walmart has lifted the three box limit on all but .22. Apparently not all walmart employees have gotten the memo though. The west 86th street store insists there is still a three box limit on everything. They had to get no less than four people involved in my transaction before they finally settled on selling me three boxes of of two calibers each (6 total boxes). They really wanted to get rid of me and I was losing my patience and running out of time to invest in the situation and so settled on the six boxes.

Side note, while I was waiting for the circus to sell me my boxes another customer wanders up and points to the last three boxes I was waiting on (the employees wouldn't take what I wanted out of the case and told me to wait for the manager to come back), guy with key starts to remove the boxes so I politely say "hey excuse me, that's what I am trying to purchase". Crickets, straight up ignores me. "yo! I've been standing here for twenty minutes trying to buy those three boxes!". The guy kind of laughs and says "you go ahead, I've already got a lot of it". :xmad:

After another twenty minutes the store manager calls the ammo counter and tells guy with key he can sell me three per caliber. Whatever, ring me up. This after insisting the "system" wouldn't let her sell me more than three if she wanted to.

Anyway, I'm just wondering if anyone knows if the three box limit has been lifted at all stores or does it vary by location? I looked at Walmarts website and there is nothing about their official policy.

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    WallyWorld in Bloomington have very little ammo on their shelves as of around 12 noon today. Well, there's lots if you need shotshells. Very sparse, as always here. Three box limit lifted... Who knows, as there's seldom a clerk in the department.

MTubbs1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Greeting good ingo people! So I usually make the local Wally World rounds once a week. I know most o the ammo counter folks by name and I enjoy chatting with other shoppers that are usually just looking for .22. I always ask what other shoppers are looking for and happily share stock info from the other stores I've been to. I was happy to learn last week that Walmart has lifted the three box limit on all but .22. Apparently not all walmart employees have gotten the memo though. The west 86th street store insists there is still a three box limit on everything. They had to get no less than four people involved in my transaction before they finally settled on selling me three boxes of of two calibers each (6 total boxes). They really wanted to get rid of me and I was losing my patience and running out of time to invest in the situation and so settled on the six boxes.

Side note, while I was waiting for the circus to sell me my boxes another customer wanders up and points to the last three boxes I was waiting on (the employees wouldn't take what I wanted out of the case and told me to wait for the manager to come back), guy with key starts to remove the boxes so I politely say "hey excuse me, that's what I am trying to purchase". Crickets, straight up ignores me. "yo! I've been standing here for twenty minutes trying to buy those three boxes!". The guy kind of laughs and says "you go ahead, I've already got a lot of it". :xmad:

After another twenty minutes the store manager calls the ammo counter and tells guy with key he can sell me three per caliber. Whatever, ring me up. This after insisting the "system" wouldn't let her sell me more than three if she wanted to.

Anyway, I'm just wondering if anyone knows if the three box limit has been lifted at all stores or does it vary by location? I looked at Walmarts website and there is nothing about their official policy.

You are correct there. But don't assume the Walmart employees know anything....at all.

Maybe they were trying to play dumb with you so they could buy it on break or something.

rbMPSH12

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    WallyWorld in Bloomington have very little ammo on their shelves as of around 12 noon today. Well, there's lots if you need shotshells. Very sparse, as always here. Three box limit lifted... Who knows, as there's seldom a clerk in the department.

Yeah every time I go in there I don't see anything except .45 and occasionally .40.

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    I would think if someone wanted to know their policy on ammo sales, one would, I don't know, maybe call the company hq or maybe an e-mail so you could have a copy to show to their uninformed empoyees?

CharlesGoodnight

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    I was in Greensburg Walmart and they had a sign that limited sales for .22lr only. Of course, it took 20 minutes to eventually find the mgr. To get the keys to open the ammo cabinet. They did have 9mm in stock and I bought 3 boxes at $15.99 per. I saw the same ammo at the Indy 500 for $19.99 and $17.99 at LGS.

SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Was at the one in Martinsville this A.M. and the two box limit had been marked out and one box hand written in for .22's. Did get two box's of 225 ea .22 last week there for $11.66 ea when it was two box limit. Felt like a lotto winner.

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Policy was lifted at the southwest store in Fort Wayne, even had a sign posted to that affect on the ammo case. They had no problem selling me six boxes of 9mm yesterday. Best price I've seen since I started shooting 9mm, under $15 for a 50 round box. Course, it took 30 min for somebody to come unlock the damn case. :rolleyes:

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    The 86th st Walmart had a 6 box limit in place prior to all the craziness at the end of 2012. It wasn't really that much of a big deal except when I wanted to buy .223 (120 rounds at a time is really annoying, though the employees would often sell me more if their stock was good and no one was around).

I think the store managers have some latitude in how they set the policy... or enforce it

EastIndyGunner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I would think if someone wanted to know their policy on ammo sales, one would, I don't know, maybe call the company hq or maybe an e-mail so you could have a copy to show to their uninformed empoyees?

There's always one around here. As I said, I have checked their website and there is nothing and was actually On the phone with Walmart "hq" while waiting for the troll to return with the verdict. You think finding the key master takes forever try calling wal mart. Thanks for the advice though guy.

coltaceguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Indiana
    I had this problem at the BLOOMINGTON, INDIANA Walmart. The clerk would not sell me more than 3 boxes of 9mm and acted rude. I said can you please turn around and read the sign behind you? (Which said, 3 box limit on 22lr ONLY). He didn't like that and called his Manager to back him up. She gave me a rude attitude also and acted like I was stupid saying "FINE, ring it up and you'll see it won't let you do more than 3". She stood there with a giant smile on her face, completely unprofessional.

So he did, and guess what? IT DID, but I already knew that as I had bought 10 boxes of .223 the week earlier after reading the new sign.

She then made the comment "they must have changed the policy". Isn't the Manager supposed to keep up with policies? Sheesh

j4jenk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2012
    Madison County
    After another twenty minutes the store manager calls the ammo counter and tells guy with key he can sell me three per caliber. Whatever, ring me up. This after insisting the "system" wouldn't let her sell me more than three

I know for a fact that system allowed them to sell me four boxes of 7.62x39 four weeks ago. An employee from electronics came over to ring me up after no one answered the page for sporting goods several times. Someone finally came as I was paying. The sporting goods employee started giving the electronics employee a hard time for selling four instead of three, but the transaction was already complete and I walked away with my bag while they were still arguing.

BigRed3588

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    Boynton Beach
    A little off topic, but I found out Dick's will price match on ammo from other brick and mortar stores. I couldn't find any .45 at Walmart today so I snapped a pic of the price tag and took it over to Dicks. They accepted it as proof and knocked $10 off per box. Just an FYI.

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    A little off topic, but I found out Dick's will price match on ammo from other brick and mortar stores. I couldn't find any .45 at Walmart today so I snapped a pic of the price tag and took it over to Dicks. They accepted it as proof and knocked $10 off per box. Just an FYI.

Nice piece of information there.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Been going to a Walmart in west Tennessee for the past couple of months. Caught some .22 ammo in there two times. They have had plenty of everything else except .380 ACP. Only found one 100 round box of that in two months. Last time I bought 5.56 ammo (week and a half ago) they still had the three box limit.

Top Bottom