• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Co Th G

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Just curious as to what the market value for my two high end ARs is currently.
    I have a Colt LE6920 with Magpul FDE furniture and a Laure 5.56 OBR 18" barrel, Surefire muzzle break with Magpul FDE PRS stock and MIAD, Harris bipod on Larue quick detach mount and Laure BUIS.

shootamc58

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 28, 2012
    noblesville
    In my opinion, the high end stuff won't bring a premium. I think a majority of the ar buyers right now are new "panic buyers". They won't pay 5k for a 3 k gun, but will pay 1700 for a 1200 gun. I've seen a ton of it over the last couple of days.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I wouldn't pay over $800 for it. But I've got plenty, so I'm only buying if someone really needs to sell. On the other hand, I have an unfired Colt LE Only marked 9mm carbine that you could take from me for $2000, if you REALLY want it. See, it's all about perspective.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    According to gunbroker bids, people are going crazy. I am seeing some bids that should buy 4 AR's. Fear is a powerful motivator.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Gunbroker is nuts right now.

I think it's time to sell that extra AK I've been meaning to sell for a few month but hadn't had time to list. Why not? I can get twice as much as I was planning and still be less than some people.

SecondAmendment

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2012
    The panic is on. However, there is a republican majority in the house. There is a good chance that an assault weapons ban would not pass. However, after the midterm elections in two years, its anybody's guess. Would hate to buy a rifle at a tremendously inflated price only to see prices collapse a few months later.

JCatt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I saw two stripped Noveske lowers sell for over 700 each! There were over 30 bids each on them. Glad I bought what I wanted a while ago, obviously wish I had bough more just to sell on GB.

You could do well with that rifle right now!

J D

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    Fishers In
    It's not just gunbroker. Some of the other gun boards are just as bad. Premium rifles 4500-6000.00 Third tier rifles for 12-1500.00 and up.

It will be interesting to see how long it takes prices to settle down and inventories to come back.

cwagner1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    Prices will settle in a few months. No bans are going to happen with a republican run house.

Now.....when the 2014 elections come up, I'm betting the republicans will not have control of the house or senate anymore. They will likely be voted out of power.

After 2014, the democrats will likely push a nonpartisan awb bill through since they wont need a single republican vote to get it passed into law.

So my advice is to not worry, and wait for the prices to go back down for now. But make sure you've got what you want before 2014.

But if your wanting to sell something anyways.....now is the time. Stuff is going for 150-300% the price it should be selling at (things threatened by the awb proposals anyways).

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    Prices will settle in a few months. No bans are going to happen with a republican run house.

Now.....when the 2014 elections come up, I'm betting the republicans will not have control of the house or senate anymore. They will likely be voted out of power.

After 2014, the democrats will likely push a nonpartisan awb bill through since they wont need a single republican vote to get it passed into law.

So my advice is to not worry, and wait for the prices to go back down for now. But make sure you've got what you want before 2014.

But if your wanting to sell something anyways.....now is the time. Stuff is going for 150-300% the price it should be selling at (things threatened by the awb proposals anyways).

And what makes you think that?

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    Just saw my LGS take money off the price of an AR!
    th1oo.gif
    Kudos Big Daddy.:patriot:

Top Bottom