$5.00 admission.
    Children under 12 admitted free with paid adult

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Do you know what their 'rules' are for carrying while attending the show?

I found the information. This promoter prohibits legal carrying of a firearm at the show. I do not attend, endorse, or support any gun show that prohibits patrons from legally carrying the same way they do when patronizing any other shop or business. ALL such gun show should be boycotted by any person supporting the Second Amendment.

It's beyond hypocritical for a gun show to be the epitome of gun control (unloaded and 'strapped') while asking patronage from the same citizens whose 2A rights the gun show willfully and intentionally violates.

When a sufficient number of pro-2A supporters boycott these hypocritical promoters, the policy will change.

Thanks, but no thanks.

Last edited:

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI

I found the information. This promoter prohibits legal carrying of a firearm at the show. I do not attend, endorse, or support any gun show that prohibits patrons from legally carrying the same way they do when patronizing any other shop or business. ALL such gun show should be boycotted by any person supporting the Second Amendment.

It's beyond hypocritical for a gun show to be the epitome of gun control (unloaded and 'strapped') while asking patronage from the same citizens whose 2A rights the gun show willfully and intentionally violates.

When a sufficient number of pro-2A supporters boycott these hypocritical promoters, the policy will change.

Thanks, but no thanks.

When I was last there they had a deputy verifying that any gun your bring in is unloaded. Not unreasonable IMO as they had at least one ND there in the past.

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    when you have an event open to the public (Idiots -walk in's) not gun people ,I see the reasoning and am in favor of at the door gun checks.I have seen too many NEGLIGENT DISCHARGES at gun shows .

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    Dave I' ll see you their and a few other good people.Don't bring anything that i might want .Trying to control my spending .
    But you know what I like -ts like PIE i have never found one that i didn't like.

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County

Thanks, but no thanks.

I have one simple question for you.
    What would you do if hit by a negligent discharge at a gun show?

cp009

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    NWI
    I carry concealed everytime I go. That being said I haven't gone in a while cause the show plain and simple sucks! Except for Brad and his knifes.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    My question was for ModernGunner, not you. Do you always answer other people's questions?
    Since he was so vocal about not attending a show where he wasn't allowed to carry I wanted to know if he would sue the promoter if hit by an ND.
    You think he is the only one that feels that way?

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    It's not that I disagree with any of you regarding your right to carry at a show but there are some people who don't handle their weapons in a responsible manner. I have been to 4 shows where ther were ND's and fortunately no one was hit.

I have another question. Would you be willing to sign a waiver holding the promoter blameless if you were injured by an ND?

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    It's not that I disagree with any of you regarding your right to carry at a show but there are some people who don't handle their weapons in a responsible manner. I have been to 4 shows where ther were ND's and fortunately no one was hit.

I have another question. Would you be willing to sign a waiver holding the promoter blameless if you were injured by an ND?

I have yet to meet you at the CP gun show and Walt O has said you have a table by the entrance. Were you there when the person that was checking weapons at the front table had the ND?

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    Having a gun is like having children. I think we all agree that not all people should , but how do you stop it ?I am a seller at the shows and I chose to abide by the rules. Like some parents keep control of their children. If more Chicago residents controlled their kids the shootings might go down.If You CAN'T follow the rules please DON'T come to the shows

flashpuppy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    NWI, Lowell
    Walt,

I sincerely believe that is part of the issue. Responsible firearm owner DO follow the rules. As such, many do choose to just not go. I believe (a) that is partially why attendance is low and (b) if the responsible folks are not there it means that there is a unusually higher percentage of irresponsible folks making up the crowd.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Having a gun is like having children. I think we all agree that not all people should , but how do you stop it ?I am a seller at the shows and I chose to abide by the rules. Like some parents keep control of their children. If more Chicago residents controlled their kids the shootings might go down.If You CAN'T follow the rules please DON'T come to the shows

The shooting of the 14 year old girl by another 14 year old girl had an adult give her a stolen gun for an argument over a boy. Glad the authorities got the adults involved and should make them an example for all to see.

Top Bottom