• ...and so much more!
  • XDinmyXJ

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    I am trying to decide on a holster for my XD9. Both are IWB and I know they are essentially the same thing but what do you guys say about them. Is there a thread or something that directly compares them instead of a pissing match? I like them both but what would make me spend 25 bucks more on a holster? They both have a lifetime warranty and look well built!

robbran144

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    southside/greenwood
    im not gonna try to steer you either way, in fact i dont own a crossbreed. i do own a kholster and have had 0 problems. Jimmie put them on sale shortly after i bought mine he refunded the difference. Any questions i've had i sent him an email and almost always got a quick response. They are an ugly holster but so comfortable you will forget you have it on. with that being said i just received my new comp-tac mtac today and can't wait to have a chance to give it a try....can't carry at work so i have to wait till this weekend. all just my .02 worth

EvilElmo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Dearborn Co.
    I use a crossbreed. I've had no problems with it and I can use it for both my 45 service and 9sc. If you happen to go this route I recommend you order it for the service. The subcompact will still work but this way you'll have the larger piece of leather to handle the longer barrel of the service.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana

zip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    I don't have a crossbreed, but I have heard and seen where people have had problems with the clips when running them hard. have not seen anyone use a kholster yet.

Mudcat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Warrick county
    I have 2 Kholsters one for XD and then bought another for G19. I carry the G19 in the kholster every day all day, yes I carry at work. I climb, drive, crawl and even stand around some and never have had an issue with it. My first came with plastic clips but the second has metal clips and I believe I like them better. I believe they are a great holster for the money.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I'll vote Minotaur MTAC. The thing that turns me off of the Kholster & SuperTuck is the fact that there isn't a backing on either one. I really don't know whether the thread-inserts would be uncomfortable...but I didn't want to waste money trying to find out either.

Kholster
    glockbackdm3.jpg

SuperTuck
    88471333jz6.jpg

MTAC
    IMG_4192.jpg

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I can't feel the inserts on my Kholster. I love mine.

I don't think you can go wrong trying out a Kholster for two reasons.

One: the price
    Two: The money back guarantee.

If you don't like it, Jimmy will refund your money. Period.
    90 DAY UNCONDITIONAL NO STRINGS GUARANTEE
    If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase for ANY reason, return it to us and we will fix it or refund the purchase price, which ever YOU prefer. All you pay is the shipping.

No strings attached. No kidding. Really.

I have worn mine for 8 hours or more and had zero discomfort.

Mudcat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Warrick county
    I'll vote Minotaur MTAC. The thing that turns me off of the Kholster & SuperTuck is the fact that there isn't a backing on either one. I really don't know whether the thread-inserts would be uncomfortable...but I didn't want to waste money trying to find out either.
    I don't notice them on mine either, didn't even think about it til you posted it. Nope still nothing.
    But I have heard great things about the mtac and comptac but never had one.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I have an MTAC. The only thing I don't like about it is I wish the leather extended more rearward to protect my skin from the grip frame.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I've only owned a Crossbreed, but I love it.

I'm not sure how long Kholster has been making holsters, but AFAIK Crossbreed is the original part leather, part kydex holster of its style. IMHO, the others are just copying, and stealing his idea. But I could be wrong on that.

But to back up the Crossbreed, he will refund your money as well if you aren't satisfied. I also believe he now uses springsteel clips instead of the kydex ones. That solves the clip problems; but I've never had problem with my kydex clips, so I'm not exactly sure what the problem would be.

I'll give my money to Crossbreed.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    I've had a Kholster for my Taurus 24/7 compact for about 8 months; its comfortable, and affordable, but it is ugly as hell compared to a crossbreed.

EvilElmo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Dearborn Co.

By the time you tighten the clips down the thread-inserts are flush with the leather. You won't feel them at all.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I've only owned a Crossbreed, but I love it.

I'm not sure how long Kholster has been making holsters, but AFAIK Crossbreed is the original part leather, part kydex holster of its style. IMHO, the others are just copying, and stealing his idea. But I could be wrong on that.

But to back up the Crossbreed, he will refund your money as well if you aren't satisfied. I also believe he now uses springsteel clips instead of the kydex ones. That solves the clip problems; but I've never had problem with my kydex clips, so I'm not exactly sure what the problem would be.

I'll give my money to Crossbreed.

Actually, I think Crossbreed took the idea from MTAC.

Kholster is $47 shipped, half the price of Crossbreed. I don't think Crossbreed is twice the holster, IMO

Top Bottom