• CrossBreed or Raven Concealment

• Total voters

Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    Which do u have and why do u like it? If u have both which do u like better?
    i'm trying to decide between the two.

The wait for Raven is up to 4 months, crossbreed is about 3 weeks. i know i can go to the 1500 but i'm working so can't make it.

Thanks.

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    Personally, I have both. I use the crossbreed for IWB and the Raven for OWB, only because of comfort. Even with a t-shirt on I find the Raven uncomfortable for IWB. Maybe it's my baby soft skin or maybe the love handles, but I just don't find it comfortable.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Personally, I have both. I use the crossbreed for IWB and the Raven for OWB, only because of comfort. Even with a t-shirt on I find the Raven uncomfortable for IWB. Maybe it's my baby soft skin or maybe the love handles, but I just don't find it comfortable.

Yep, that's how I do it, too.

Also, you can get a Raven at the 1500 in January.

elaw555

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    A hybrid type IWB will always be more comfortable because of the leather backing. Raven type kydex are usually superior OWB, but don't feel as good IWB. Although I haven't yet tried my newest Phantom type kydex holster IWB.

GTM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    Bloomington +/- 20 miles
    A hybrid type IWB will always be more comfortable because of the leather backing. Raven type kydex are usually superior OWB, but don't feel as good IWB. Although I haven't yet tried my newest Phantom type kydex holster IWB.

+1 on this. The leather backing will always mold itself to your body, given a couple of weeks. A kydex-type holster will never perfectly match your body regardless of much curvature it's made with.

A Crossbreed really does get more comfortable. I have a Minituck for my Kahr P380 and a Supertuck for my G26. On a 380-sized pocket gun the minituck makes it more comfortable than pocket-carry. The G26 is substantially more gun but it is still comfortable to carry in a Supertuck.

Cricket Tickler

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 26, 2008
    My parents just purchased me the CB combat cut for my G19 for christmas, and I have yet to find a holster as comfortable for IWB.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    I love my raven, I carry my G22 with surefire x300 IWB and don't have a problem with it, I even carry it on my hip IWB while driving over 4 hours to my parents.

It should be noted that I do not own a CB though and it makes sense that they would be better IWB because of the leather.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    My parents just purchased me the CB combat cut for my G19 for christmas, and I have yet to find a holster as comfortable for IWB.

I absolutely love mine, it feels like its not even there, its comfortable, and I doubt you could find better retention anywhere. The combat cut is a MUST though. Trust me, get it. You wont be sorry.

remymartin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    For IWB I'd love to have a Raven. But the thing is, I only IWB when I wear "fancy" clothes, i.e. not black Dickies and a shirt with my name on it lol. I "CC" my G22 or 23 in a fobus because I like the ease of attachment, and detachment. When I do IWB I use a slightly modified Kholster. I love it. Due to the fact that I am impatient; and rarely IWB, I couldn't justify the wait and cost of a Raven. If your decision is between the two, I hope you can garner my answer from the above. good luck.

EDIT: I have fallen asleep from sheer fatigue quite a few times with a G22/23 in my Kholster. Hardly knew it was there. YMMV

Tom Fineis

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2010
    Cleveland, OH
    That looks identical to the Comptac Minotaur which is the single most comfortable IWB I have ever used. Of course out of fairness I should reveal that I don't own a Crossbreed.

You mean the Minotaur looks just like The Answer.

Tucker pioneered this design, and their quality is second to none. I prefer an all kydex holster (and I was wearing RCS for years before working here), but I know some guys like the hybrid design.

I would encourage those going for the hybrid design to purchase from the innovators and those who still do it best (IMO).

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    You mean the Minotaur looks just like The Answer.

Tucker pioneered this design, and their quality is second to none. I prefer an all kydex holster (and I was wearing RCS for years before working here), but I know some guys like the hybrid design.

I would encourage those going for the hybrid design to purchase from the innovators and those who still do it best (IMO).

$125? :n00b:
    I had a hard time justifying $70 for a Crossbreed, so I tried a Kholster for $40-ish. The Kholster was disappointing, IMO. What does the Tucker bring to the table over the CB? I would spend the extra $$ for a tangible benefit, which I haven't seen (nor have I worn) from the Comptac Minotaur.

Tom Fineis

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2010
    Cleveland, OH
    Superior craftsmanship. I'm not in the business of selling Tucker holsters, so whether you buy one or not is up to you. My point is to support those who pioneered the design and the one with the best craftsmanship.

A holster is an item you wear every day. It is certainly a worthwhile investment to buy a good one. $125 over the years and years of service is a small price to pay for good gear, in my opinion. Most spend $500 to $1000 on a carry gun, yet few spend good money on a holster and belt. The ancillary gear is just as important as the firearm itself.

Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    well guys I've tried both now that other people own, I like both the crossbreed and raven for different reasons. i wanted to go with the raven but will never wait 16-18 weeks for a kydex holster. my buddy ordered one and they called and told him it was gonna be two more months.

i know i could go to the gun show, but can't get off work to get there.

For this reason i am going to go with a crossbreed. thanks for the input.

Will0369

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Westfield
    Thanks for the thread, I was unawre of crossbreed holsters, but after visiting their site, for about 90 bucks, you get an awesome holster.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    well guys I've tried both now that other people own, I like both the crossbreed and raven for different reasons. i wanted to go with the raven but will never wait 16-18 weeks for a kydex holster. my buddy ordered one and they called and told him it was gonna be two more months.

:yesway: You made the right choice for IWB, IMO.

Tom Fineis

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2010
    Cleveland, OH

We make holsters on site at every Indy 1500 show, just FYI.

Top Bottom