• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I posted a range report complete with a rant about people trashing the range at Crosley F&W a while back. Here's a follow up:

I arrived at Crosley with a buddy at 8:00 o'clock this morning. There was nobody else there inspite of the warmer than expected temps until just as we left. We only shot for about an hour and a half but it was nice having the place to ourselves. I was testing some more .17 Fireball loads, shooting an AR varminter and a Beretta 84. Jim just wanted to shoot his Bersa Thunder and a 10/22.

The good news is that the range was in MUCH better shape. The trash barrels were just about full but the range lanes we used (20, 50, & 100 yards) were clear of trash. I looked at the 30 & 200 lanes and they were clear also. Dramatic improvement over my last trip. Hope it stays that way. :)

PaPa 260

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2009
    Glad to hear the Crosley range is back in good shape. I used to shoot there back in the 60's and 70's and it has changed a lot since then from what I hear. Back then they had a 25, and 50 yard target boards, and a 100 yard target board with a small earth back stop. Back in those days there used to be a trap house just to the east of the of the 25 yard target boards. I would like to see all the 22 casings in one pile I shot there. Good memories from there.

PaPa 260

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Crosley

I drive an hour beyond Atterbury to shoot at Crosley. It's free and safe as I make it because most of the time there are few shooters there. I really like going down there, particularly early in the morning on a weekday when it's likely there will be very few, if any, others there. They just built a new 20 yard lane at the east end of the range so they now have 20, 30, 50, 100, & 200 yard lanes with solid, covered benches on level concrete. The backstop is substantial and there are berms probably 10' - 12' high between each set of lanes. I don't hesitate, for example, going down to the 100 yard target line while people are shooting on the 50. Positions at each distance are limited but so is use so that's usually not an issue. There really is nothing wrong with the range itself. My previous rant was about users trashing the place and doing stupid stuff like setting up targets halfway to the backstop and then leaving them. There is still an area east of the range that is used by shotgunners but there's no trap house. The restrooms are "rugged" but like the range, they'd be better if people wouldn't trash them. Some don't like the fact that it's a "paper target only" range but you know that up front. If you just gotta' shoot cans and bottles, don't go there! I have seen guys put a little honey on a target board and shoot flies (OK, shoot at flies). If I did that, I'd take down my board when I was done. :rolleyes:

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    I went to Crosley for the first time on Saturday. I LOVED it. I will be making the extra 15 minute drive to go there over Atterbury in the future.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I love going to Crosley. Its great with those large berms seperating the lanes. You can walk downrange and not worry about getting shot.

Top Bottom