• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boiler74

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    For those of you with CT lasers on your Guns, do you keep them "on" all the time. I have a personal protection piece stashed in my home that I just put the laser on. Aside from the possibility of having something activate the laser and run down the battery, will leaving the grip "on" drain the battery if stored that way? Or will battery life be the same?

Thanks

J

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Should not matter. I generally only turn the switch on when I am going to need the use of the Laser. Sometimes you might not want to shine the pretty bouncing red dot out there...
    I mean it only takes a fraction of time to flip the switch...

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I don't think either one of mine has an on/off switch. I had one of them for about a year and a half and it's still visible even in bright sunlight so I would say it doesn't drain the battery.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I generally leave mine switched on. I've been on the same battery for at least 3 or 4 years. Of course I don't shine the dot around and play with it like it's a laser pointer, either. I have laser pointers for that! YMMV.

Boiler74

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Thanks for the responses. This is a pretty new model for a G17 that has an on/off swith on a small circular indentation. It can be hard for my big fingers to get to. I'd rather leave it on in case I need it fast. But wanted to make sure the battery would be there if and when.

wwdkd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Valparaiso
    When I carry mine or have mine for HD purposes I always have my CT set to on, but when I go to the range I always turn it off. Unless of course I want to specifically practice with my Crimson Trace. Also, the battery should not run down simply by having the switch set to the "on" position.

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    I have kept one of my on for the last three or four years. Still on the same batteries, I want to see how long it last.

The others, that I carry daily, I trade out batteries once a year right after New Years. I keep them on all the time as well.

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    I leave the set on my primary handgun on all the time. I change the batteries out every couple of years with out ever having any problems.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom