• ...and so much more!
  • Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Does any member have experiece with Crimson Trace Lasergrips on their handgun? I am looking at one for my new Kahr MK40. They are a little pricy, even at dealer cost so I don't want to spend that kind of money without some knowledge of how well they work. Are they easy to adjust and do they affect the gun in a holster? What other makes are out there for less money?

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have two sets of lasergrips and they are absolutely great. They do not interfere with holsters and hold their zero. They are easy to adjust with the supplied allen wrenches and usually have a storage place, in the grips, to carry the adjusting wrench.
    Additionally, you can hit close targets from the hip while keeping your gun close to you for weapon retention.

Doug

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    i use a ct laser on my carry g17 and it is invaluable during our classes. one student in our last class had one on his m&p 9mm that wasn't regulated properly. it took us about 3 minutes to dial it in. ct lasers are gtg, imho.

shark29er

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    This is probably a question for Crimson Trace, but they have a ton of grips for a ton of guns, but some aren't made. Is there something similar to the S&W 4506 that the CT grip would probably fit?

anewrnn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Crown Point
    CT grips are the cats ass...

Have them on 2 of my glocks. Awesome. Project out 80 yards at least. The guy to buy them from does alot of the shows around northwest Indiana. His website is laser4guns.com name is Duane. Call him for the best price he will knock off quite a bit. I think you'll be very happy with his price. Way below retail and he ships for free.

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Lasers in general...

CTC makes great lasers. I would only use one for the intimidation factor and never use it for target acquisition. Here is a quote of mine from a similar thread that is linked below. "ive had lasers on a couple of guns and my findings are that they make a good shooter shoot bad and a bad shooter shot worse. they are neat and they are good for intimidating a bad guy. but when i went to the range and used it i couldnt hit ****. its just like a video game where youre watching the laser move around the bullseye and youre waiting for the right time to pull the trigger to hit it. youre not focusing on aiming. youre trying to time your trigger pulls to the movement of your laser and thats not good practice.":twocents:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...5-eye_opening_experience_laser.html#post95871

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    link does not work?

Have them on 2 of my glocks. Awesome. Project out 80 yards at least. The guy to buy them from does alot of the shows around northwest Indiana. His website is laser4guns.com name is Duane. Call him for the best price he will knock off quite a bit. I think you'll be very happy with his price. Way below retail and he ships for free.

I tried to check out the web site and the link did not work.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    I've got one that came factory on my 642. It's kind of neat but I'm not sure I would spend the money to add one to another of my handguns. I certainly don't think I would ever put one on one of my long arms.

The thing I did enjoy was smoothing the action of my 642 through repeated firing with snap caps - the laser, as a training aid, can really help one discipline staying on target with long DAO trigger pulls.

The Crimson Trace has a good rep for dependability. The LaserMax guide rod system seems like a great idea but is awkward to engage and I've heard of reliability issues.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I have two pair of Crimson Trace grips on my carry guns. One is on my daily carry J frame S&W model 642 and the other is on my S&W model 60-10, 3" barrel .357 magnum. The model 60-10 is my go to gun at home. I've fired a few boxes of ammo from each gun with these grips. The laser stays in adjustment, even with .357 magnum factory ammo. The dot isn't hard to adjust, but the screws for adjustment are tiny.

I have a different experience in night shooting. I have used night sights extensively and I was never able to shoot consistently with them. OTOH, with the CT grips, I'm able to make regularly good hits out to 25 yards. They are tops in my book for night shooting. They are pricey, but I wouldn't trust anything less for a carry piece.

You asked about holsters and CT grips. The ones I have work fine. I keep my 642 in a Desantis pocket holster and the 60-10 travels in a leather paddle holster with thumb break.

Last edited:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    The Crimson Trace has a good rep for dependability. The LaserMax guide rod system seems like a great idea but is awkward to engage and I've heard of reliability issues.

I have used both systems in the past. If you are inclined to the laser market. Go with The CTG over the LaserMax. The Lasermax System WILL NOT stand up to the test of time. I still have my M9 CTG handgrips though and they still perform like champs. Worst I have had to do with them is change the batterries. :twocents:

Steve MI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2008
    CTC makes great lasers. I would only use one for the intimidation factor and never use it for target acquisition. Here is a quote of mine from a similar thread that is linked below. "ive had lasers on a couple of guns and my findings are that they make a good shooter shoot bad and a bad shooter shot worse. they are neat and they are good for intimidating a bad guy. but when i went to the range and used it i couldnt hit ****. its just like a video game where youre watching the laser move around the bullseye and youre waiting for the right time to pull the trigger to hit it. youre not focusing on aiming. youre trying to time your trigger pulls to the movement of your laser and thats not good practice.":twocents:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/women_and_firearms/7855-
    eye_opening_experience_laser.html#post95871

I disagree 10000% with that based on teaching training on a daily routine
    they make a good shooter great and bad shooters better... the key is the coaching and training and th eablity to often see how bad the shooters are slamming the trigger so to speak i have taken well over 100 new shooters and have improved them in 15 minutes of work with the aid of laser... the idea of the laser as a fear factor is BS yes it has very little merit.. look at any video showing a taser shootings as well the suspects almost never ever id the laser the only thing the bad guy should be worried about it the caliber he/she is starring down,

those that dis them usually have shooting issue to begin with and rely on them as a crutch... to no avail then slam them harder. you dont time them you aim them you press the trigger... and repeat they have many great uses. they are an aid to your sights and they have there purpose and uses get them they are great... learn to use them to there fullest and you be suprised.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom