• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    That's devotion. Reminds me of Annie Oakley shooting out her husband's cigarette from his mouth. Sad, but almost all the good trick-shooters are dead... Annie Oakley, Ad Topperwein, Herb Parsons... all dead. Who now is there left to idolize?

Shall we lower our standards and thereby lessen their grand achievements... or do we wait for someone just as skilled as they to be born?

I miss them all. If we just had John Browning, Samuel Colt, and Jack Pershing back, I think things just might turn out all right after all.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Where was the cameraman standing?!?! :D

Have you seen the bullet proof vest salesman that has his son shoot him in the chest? (sometimes the guy does it himself :n00b:)

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    That's devotion. Reminds me of Annie Oakley shooting out her husband's cigarette from his mouth. Sad, but almost all the good trick-shooters are dead... Annie Oakley, Ad Topperwein, Herb Parsons... all dead. Who now is there left to idolize?

Shall we lower our standards and thereby lessen their grand achievements... or do we wait for someone just as skilled as they to be born?

I miss them all. If we just had John Browning, Samuel Colt, and Jack Pershing back, I think things just might turn out all right after all.

watch Wednesday night at the range on outdoor channel......there is a show called Shooting USA’s IMPOSSIBLE SHOTS......IMPOSSIBLE SHOTS

there are great shooters still out there.....

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Now that's devotion of a wife to a husband.

"HONEY! I've got it. You know glass? That thin shattery stuff? Well.....I think mine can stop bullets. Just hold it up to your face and I'll show you".

:n00b:

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I saw something on history yesterday about bullet-proof vests. The inventor of kevlar couldn't convince anybody that they really work. So in a live demonstration in front of the Detroit police department, he took a revolver (probably .38 spl) and shot himself (point blank). That made a believe of them.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    I saw something on history yesterday about bullet-proof vests. The inventor of kevlar couldn't convince anybody that they really work. So in a live demonstration in front of the Detroit police department, he took a revolver (probably .38 spl) and shot himself (point blank). That made a believe of them.

actually I believe it was a .357 if memory serves me correctly. Either way Im sure it felt great.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN

Tom Knapp and "badlands" Bill Oglesby come to mind. Tom Knapp being one of the best showmen there is IMHO, he is amazing with a shotgun and can shoot a rifle just as well. badlands Bill is one of the best instinctive pistol shooters there is IMHO.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Tom Knapp and "badlands" Bill Oglesby come to mind. Tom Knapp being one of the best showmen there is IMHO, he is amazing with a shotgun and can shoot a rifle just as well. badlands Bill is one of the best instinctive pistol shooters there is IMHO.

Yeah, I'm not saying Bill or Tom aren't good at what they do... they have skills which I know I could never match. But, to me, they just don't have the legend surrounding them that the Experts of Old do.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom