• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike G

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Greenwood
    Craigslisters are really getting creative. There are three postings in Sporting Goods right now that have not been flagged yet. They put just enough info out there to hook the people that know, but not enough to get caught right away. Well two of them anyway.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    I was flagged for selling a recoil pad for an sks,

a friggin recoil pad wtf!!:xmad:

I wrote bum pad for your 762.3900

flagged also for trying to sell a scope mount.:dunno:

tcshooter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I put one ad in there and got people trying to sell me their services to help me make more money online.

Also had one guy interested in my truck parts that wanted me to provide him with my full name (middle initial) home address (no PO Box) and a home phone number for contact so he could send me a certified check....was too funny...Like I don't recognize the basic info needed to run a credit check and/or open a line of credit in my name...

But it makes me wonder how many people are dumb enough to fall for this crap. These guys wouldn't keep doing this if they didn't hook enough suckers to make money at it.

Whiskey Lake

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Indy Area
    I just had a lady email me with the famous "I will send you a check for twice the amount and you wire me the difference" trick on a Craigslist ad. Do people really fall for this crap?!?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Does craiglist have a no gun policy? Is that they these are getting flagged?
    I tries using craiglist once. Was looking for a graphic artist to do some artwork for a Family DVD and DVD Case. I listed my ideas and posted an asking price of $100 to $150 for their services. My message got flagged becuase the "artist" in that channel said I was ripping them off by paying such a low amount! **Geezz***

JustGone

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2009
    In the PRK now =(
    Does craiglist have a no gun policy? Is that they these are getting flagged?
    I tries using craiglist once. Was looking for a graphic artist to do some artwork for a Family DVD and DVD Case. I listed my ideas and posted an asking price of $100 to $150 for their services. My message got flagged becuase the "artist" in that channel said I was ripping them off by paying such a low amount! **Geezz***
    Yes it has a no gun policy or anything gun-related...so even if it's not a gun you are trying to sell but a part for or an accessory it tends to be flagged down. That's wrong that you got flagged for them saying its a "rip off" you have the right to offer as little or as much as you want for a service.

roughthumbs

Plinker
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Huntertown
    I bought a gun off of there the other day. The title was "hunting items for sale" Then once you clicked on it, it said "hunting items for sale that I cannot name on here" It lasted for a day and a hlf before either he removed it or it got flagged.

gdun67

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Indiana
    ive had craigslist adds last for a long time!
    Just did "hunting equipt"
    "Selling a treestand, pair of browning size 12.
    also a bushmaster weedeater " lol that was before i found ingo

Raberos

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    NW Indy
    I was on Craigslist the other day looking for an LCR(yes I knew that they have a no guns policy, but I wanted to try anyway), I found a guy selling "several items". He listed a lawn mower some kind of vehicle and some other stuff, but in the middle he had a ruger 10/22.

Well after a few more minutes of googling I came across INGO :rockwoot:

EMC0853

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    C's list is just plain odd. Here they have this bogus policy of no guns, yet sexual deviants can post with encouragement and approval. Doesn't make sense.

That being said, I have enjoyed reading the sporting goods ads, and appreciate the creativity of posters. I have answered one or two, but I am reluctant to set up a FTF transfer without some knowledge of the person. Similarly, on INGO while there is anonymity to a degree there is also a feeling of kinship and trust. I have met a few members for transactions and have never felt uncomfortable.

The one meeting I set up with a C's list person was good, but it was for a camera item, not firearm. And that was after we both had discussed the item by phone, with each having the other's contact information.

Top Bottom