• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hopcam

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I posted this in another thread but it slid down the forum so I thought I'd try a new thread.

I'm just wondering if anyone has ever had any luck with coyotes on any state public land? I have a lot more desire to call coyotes than area to do it, so I was wondering if that might be an option for me.

Thanks!

Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    Yes, I've had them come into a fawn bleat while deer hunting on public hunting land twice. The hide of one of them now hangs on my wall, the other spotted me (20 yards) as I raised my bow. From my experience they make deer look slow and stupid.

I've also had them come into 15 yards using a fawn bleat in a state park while armed with a camera and lying prone. Of course I couldn't hunt it there but just wanted a picture. Unfortunately when I started to raise the camera it spotted me and took off.

Most fish and wildlife areas require prior permission to hunt at night. If that is in your plan you may need to get that from the property manager first.

Kart29

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 10, 2011
    I called in two and killed one in Jasper-Pulaski one time. I forget the name of the F&W area around JC Murphy Lake in NW Indiana but it is chock full of coyotes. Never had much luck in the southern area of the state but I'm sure there must be some good areas in the Hoosier National Forest.

Lonnie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Hamilton county
    I called in two and killed one in Jasper-Pulaski one time. I forget the name of the F&W area around JC Murphy Lake in NW Indiana but it is chock full of coyotes. Never had much luck in the southern area of the state but I'm sure there must be some good areas in the Hoosier National Forest.

Was it Jasper-Pulaski F&W area or Winnamac F&W area?

bother are near the area you are talking about Kart

Top Bottom